• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think lmaozedong has the Redwings and likes them. Artishard also said they crease easily though.

I would go with the CP personally. Anywhere I can still pick up a size 41?

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CPs look ****** with that sole, dark crepe is nicer but then you have the dumb contrast welt.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The CP contrast sole is nice, IMO. I like that color combo on a pair of shoes FWIW though it could be thinner or thicker. Right now it sort of in the middle.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind another kind of contrast sole there but I feel like light crepe works better with bucks or the McNairy stuff etc, CPs are too sleek for that. And yeah, the sole is too thin

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have those CPs in red and they crease pretty easily too.

iluvatar

Reaction score

Thoughts on the Beckman Oxford?
I've got a pair of the chukka version of those. The leather is tough as ****. There are work oxfords I like better (Viberg), but at the price point I think the Beckmans are a pretty good deal (especially since they're easy to get on sale).

Mr Wave

Reaction score

Two different jackets pictured... I really want to buy myself a brown (light brown) jacket primarily for casual outfits. I've been leaning towards the Filson (top) one, but am still unsure. Do you guys have any suggestions?

bertie

Reaction score

Two different jackets pictured... I really want to buy myself a brown (light brown) jacket primarily for casual outfits. I've been leaning towards the Filson (top) one, but am still unsure. Do you guys have any suggestions?
Filsons fit pretty big - have you tried it on?

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The leather on my pair of postman chukkas was really ******, creased in an unattractive way after a couple wears

CPs look ****** with that sole, dark crepe is nicer but then you have the dumb contrast welt.

Yeah CP leather is quite ****** IMO nowhere close to retail. Ended up renoing my brother Achilles they looked like crap after normal wear. Got two pairs of the CPs like that, tan ones were the worst I've seen on CP and burgundy ones felt cheap too. No experience with red wing but they should be fine. Guess depends on what you are looking for. Both have a solid shape

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads