1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. titleofauser

titleofauser Active Member

[​IMG]

can't seem to find it available in my size in Grey...so should I jump the gun on black?

I tend to only own hoodies in different shades of grey, so owning a black hoodie seems like a logical step. But my loyalty to grey is what keeps me unsure!

2. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

There is black in it, for sure, but it's not that much of a step away from grey with that heathering going on. I say no, tiger fleeces are ugly and in most every waywt bring a fit down/fit ill/look juvenile - and this is from someone who has bought four pieces of W+H this season and has contemplated buying a tiger fleece every season until I just gave up.

That said, if none of that bothers you then buy it - but don't pretend it's not as grey as it is 'black.'

P.S. Did I mention the gold and very gaudy zipper?

3. aaaeeeiiiooouuu

aaaeeeiiiooouuu Senior member

[​IMG] Converse x JV. $75. So, yeah, they're basically white hi-top Converse screwed up a little, and I'm paying a $30 premium for that. Worth it? / not worth it? Plan on wearing w/ plain ol' N&F raw skinnies

4. aaaeeeiiiooouuu

aaaeeeiiiooouuu Senior member

[​IMG] can't seem to find it available in my size in Grey...so should I jump the gun on black?
    BTW AA makes a similar hoodie: AA Salt & Pepper. Yeah, yeah, I know it's not Tiger Fleece - but if you're not willing to pull the trigger on a $200 hoodie, you know...

5. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Look solid. Don't listen to people who bitch and moan about them being a bit more. Varvatos converses if i remember usually have better insoles, and also if you like the look of them more than just he optical whites, why settle for optical whites just because they're $30 cheaper? Just get them if you really want as they're not terribly expensive and pretty safe since they're basically white hitop converses

6. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

anyone know of a place online to get good knits in size small?

7. Helix

Helix Senior member

Converse x JV. $75.

So, yeah, they're basically white hi-top Converse screwed up a little, and I'm paying a $30 premium for that.

Worth it? / not worth it? Plan on wearing w/ plain ol' N&F raw skinnies

Just beat up a pair of normal white converse.

8. Razele

Razele Senior member

I don't get the current hate on tiger fleeces.

It's just a nice hoody that's all.

It's not really a 'piece' or anything - just wear it with a T, Denim and CP's

9. dmash

dmash Senior member

Need a good leather dress belt to go with my brown PS brogues....what do you think for 95 euro shipped? I think that's roughly $140. I'm wanting a good quality, brown dress belt with a silver buckle. Simple, yet can't seem to pinpoint a good one for under 100$

[​IMG]

10. BB1

BB1 Senior member

I say no, tiger fleeces are ugly and in most every waywt bring a fit down/fit ill/look juvenile - and this is from someone who has bought four pieces of W+H this season and has contemplated buying a tiger fleece every season until I just gave up.
    I have to agree with this. Often times the right outwear can push an otherwise dull outfit to the next level, but most of the W+H hoodie fits you see on WAYWT actually push the outfit down a level! While the tiger fleece hoodie is certainly overrated by far too many people, part of the problem may be due to the people posting the fit pics. It seems like a lot of newbies here gravitate to W+H quite rapidly once they see it-- I know I did. The brand is good quality and plain enough looking that it appears like a "safe" choice to many. The result is people just throwing on some clothing without much experience or sense of style and expecting it to look good "because it's a $200 W+H hoodie". If you're willing to spend $200 for a hoodie, there are a lot of other high quality options available outside of W+H. So try looking a little harder for other options. I own several Mr. Olive hoodies and have always liked them better. Also, Diet Butcher has hoodie for FW09 season that's available in both gray and black-- looks pretty cool while still providing a fairly mainstream look.

11. Razele

Razele Senior member

I have to agree with this. Often times the right outwear can push an otherwise dull outfit to the next level, but most of the W+H hoodie fits you see on WAYWT actually push the outfit down a level! While the tiger fleece hoodie is certainly overrated by far too many people, part of the problem may be due to the people posting the fit pics. It seems like a lot of newbies here gravitate to W+H quite rapidly once they see it-- I know I did. The brand is good quality and plain enough looking that it appears like a "safe" choice to many. The result is people just throwing on some clothing without much experience or sense of style and expecting it to look good "because it's a $200 W+H hoodie". If you're willing to spend $200 for a hoodie, there are a lot of other high quality options available outside of W+H. So try looking a little harder for other options. I own several Mr. Olive hoodies and have always liked them better. Also, Diet Butcher has hoodie for FW09 season that's available in both gray and black-- looks pretty cool while still providing a fairly mainstream look.
    I don't know I just wear mine with Jeans and a T I don't really try to do anything big with it. It replaced the $20 Mall brand hoodie I have. I think hoodies are overplayed, I just have it for extreme casual. I got it on here for like 90 bucks or something so It wasn't a 200 dollar hoodie to me. Could see myself getting, as you said, something nicer. Maybe a wool knit hoodie or something, not sure.

12. BB1

BB1 Senior member

It replaced the $20 Mall brand hoodie I have. I think hoodies are overplayed, I just have it for extreme casual. I got it on here for like 90 bucks or something so It wasn't a 200 dollar hoodie to me.
    Yeah good point. Hoodies have a general tendency to make any outfit look more juvenile. But for some reason the tiger fleece is worse than others in this area. Perhaps this is why there is talk of W+H permanently discontinuing them? FYI, I don't think they're the worst hoodie ever-- just extremely overrated.

13. Razele

Razele Senior member

Fair call. I think people go overboard on them, as you said, and also I think people bring the hate.

I really think hoodies just ruin an outfit. It's a hoodie. Its what you wear to the gym / extreme casual / lazing about.

Seriously looking through old WAYTWT, I found it strange that people were like "omg that piece is awesome" talking about a hoodie. Just wear outerwear / knitwear that looks good.

That said, it can be done well.

14. snake

snake Senior member

Fiorentini + Baker 745, but probably in black instead? [​IMG]

15. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

I hated the tiger fleeces until I bought a slim fit one from B&S. It's the only hoodie I own, and I bought it after not having worn hoodies for several years. That said, it's really warm and I think it looks good, as far as hoodies go. It's unfair to say that it's no good based on some bad fits from WAYWT. I guess I should also point out that I think the speckle patterned ones looks terrible, the one I got is solid colored.

16. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Fiorentini + Baker 745, but probably in black instead?
    I really like many of the Fiorentini + Baker models, especially the more simple styles. not loving the "hair-on" look of that material, but in a smooth leather i think it would be dope. awesome boot, just my pref on material. edit: is that just distressed suede? never mind then...

17. LiveStock

LiveStock Senior member

[​IMG]

Naked and Famous Linen Slub shirt
    thinking of getting this, anyone have experiences with their shirts?

18. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I tried those F&B in smooth black leather and I must say they are really nice, very similar to the PS Ricards but a bit more distressed.

I somewhat regret not buying them from Barneys when they had their 40% off sale.

19. snake

snake Senior member

I agree, not feeling the material on that particular model either (it's oiled suede). The one I'm looking at is a black waxed suede. edit: here it is [​IMG]
    I really like many of the Fiorentini + Baker models, especially the more simple styles. not loving the "hair-on" look of that material, but in a smooth leather i think it would be dope. awesome boot, just my pref on material. edit: is that just distressed suede? never mind then...

20. spreadcollar

spreadcollar Senior member

new or from B&S? psa us if they were new.
    I actually just kopped some PS Starrs for 190$ [​IMG]