Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. heyheyhey

heyheyhey Senior member

Cheers guys, I was on the fence about it.
    ^ Seriously, fuck Topman.
    Okay, they aren't that bad, especially their new season. You just need to pick and choose a little.

2. TrailofTears

TrailofTears Senior member

[​IMG]

Shades of Greige Hidden Zip Hooded Overshirt in Waxed Black for ~$95

Also considering this B.Son exclusive for Context. Well, both B.Son exclusive pieces, really.

Is everyone really indifferent about these pieces? Any thoughts out there at all?

And dammit, less than a week in and I'm already bumping/quoting my own posts. Great initial impression I'm making...

3. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Yes people are indifferent. Shades of greige quality is really average and occasionally below average, their fits are sometimes awkward, the materials are never good, and range from overdesigned to boring. The pricepoint isn't bad considering you can always get 15% off on revolve with the code JT . Bson is a different monster. I really like their simple stuff as they sometimes use really nice fabrics, and have a nice longer slim fit that works well for me frame. However, I dislike pretty much all of their weird neck designs. I find them to be a lot less wearable in real life. Unless you're just taking pics on the internet and taking it off, you will feel a bit uncomfortable wearing it to classes, to the bar, to hang out with friends. They're waaaayyyyy too overdesigned and mostly ugly. It's not a piece you're going to want to wear in 6 months.

4. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

[​IMG]

bump.

5. chronoaug

What those be? They look nice enough. If you have the money to spend and the outfits to wear them with go for it. i was thinking of nabbing those white perf common project laceups or the white leather laceless dress shoes for awhile. On sale they would've been a cheaper option than repetto which is pretty much the standard for white leather shoes like that. Still want to find something like the 3 i mentioned to wear with a few things or to build around.

6. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

^ MMM crinkled leather laceups. Ive wanted white leather shoes for a while and might need to buy somenhing to console myself for not getting the Cloak buuts I really cant afford.

They are on sale at eluxury. where can you buy repettos?

7. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

[​IMG]
    Yes people are indifferent. Shades of greige quality is really average and occasionally below average, their fits are sometimes awkward, the materials are never good, and range from overdesigned to boring. The pricepoint isn't bad considering you can always get 15% off on revolve with the code JT .

Bson is a different monster. I really like their simple stuff as they sometimes use really nice fabrics, and have a nice longer slim fit that works well for me frame. However, I dislike pretty much all of their weird neck designs. I find them to be a lot less wearable in real life. Unless you're just taking pics on the internet and taking it off, you will feel a bit uncomfortable wearing it to classes, to the bar, to hang out with friends. They're waaaayyyyy too overdesigned and mostly ugly. It's not a piece you're going to want to wear in 6 months.

+1 on the BSon comment

8. jet

jet Persian Bro

jazz shoes are one of the more forgettable trends

9. siotjieut

siotjieut Active Member

[​IMG] $130ish i like the fit but 100% cotton cardi=warm?

10. TrailofTears

TrailofTears Senior member

Yes people are indifferent. Shades of greige quality is really average and occasionally below average, their fits are sometimes awkward, the materials are never good, and range from overdesigned to boring. The pricepoint isn't bad considering you can always get 15% off on revolve with the code JT .

Bson is a different monster. I really like their simple stuff as they sometimes use really nice fabrics, and have a nice longer slim fit that works well for me frame. However, I dislike pretty much all of their weird neck designs. I find them to be a lot less wearable in real life. Unless you're just taking pics on the internet and taking it off, you will feel a bit uncomfortable wearing it to classes, to the bar, to hang out with friends. They're waaaayyyyy too overdesigned and mostly ugly. It's not a piece you're going to want to wear in 6 months.

Exactly what I was looking for - thank you. I had heard of SoG quality being lower than you would expect for the price of the goods, which is the only reason I would include the price in the post. As for the B.Son pieces - again, just what I wanted to hear. It is clearly a more heavily designed line, but I think there are some pieces that I would feel comfortable in, like the hoodie.

I'm not posting so people will fawn over my choices, but rather because I am really on the edge and would be interested in hearing others experiences, opinions (good or bad), and possibly even alternatives that they would suggest. Anyways, thanks for the response.

11. Schnurretiger

Schnurretiger Senior member

[​IMG]

$130ish
    i like the fit but 100% cotton cardi=warm?

Depends on where you are. Would be fine for me here in continental Europe.

12. slmartin

slmartin Active Member

13. converge

converge Senior member

[​IMG]

Gray slim fit Tiger Fleece?

14. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

15. chronoaug

Personally, i'm kinda "meh" on tiger fleece hoodies nowadays. I'd only get one if kinda cheap as a beater to wear when it's cold and don't want to put much effort into a simple but flattering outfit. Quality is nice and all though.