1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. accordion

accordion Senior member

it just seems like the straps are sorta cartoonish, which is fine cuz raf. They were at a great price too, I was concerned about the really narrow profile and cuz I don't really have anything loud like graphic tees, etc.

2. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

Why would you need a graphic tee to wear Rafs? I wish I could find some at a good price.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  3. leeba

leeba Senior member

I've gone the full cycle of love --> hate --> sorta like again with those. Ripple sole is sexy though.

4. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....

sorry, but if your fit pics are any indication, you definitely do wear skin tight

5. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

Or black sk8-his

6. chupas

chupas Senior member

Yeah that's also not how math works, since you're measuring the circumference of your chest/garments. 2 cm difference ≠ 2 cm in space between you and the garment. If you want to calculate the space and not just the circumference difference then you would have to figure out the diameter difference between the two measurements, which is a LOT less. You don't have a perfectly circular torso, so this isn't going to be perfectly accurate without knowing more of your measurements, but it's a quick and useful way to show the difference:

C = d•pi

you: 92.5 = d•pi
    d = 14.72 cm

Acne shirt: 94 = d•pi
    d = 14.96 cm

difference = .24 cm

And since you have to half that to account for the difference on both sides, you're talking about effectively a little more than one mm of space between you and your shirt.

TL;DR - math is fun, and your shit is definitely skin tight.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
    5 people like this.
  7. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Too obnoxious of a color, or just obnoxious enough?

[​IMG]

I like the looks of the Noctex lung bag, but it looks like this Guidi sling bag is a little smaller, which could be nice.

8. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

red bags are a nice pop to a mostly greyscale wardrobe, but i don't know how it'd jive with the warmer colors of your wardrobe.

9. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

That was my point of hesitation. Not sure how it'd work with indigo and earth tones.

10. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

i think you should just get a black one if that's the kind of bag you want. check your pm

11. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Got it, thanks. And yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the one. Must resist urge to send ridiculous lowball offer.

12. accordion

accordion Senior member

Should I sell the coat I had listed?

http://www.styleforum.net/t/479747/uma-wang-fw14-black-double-breasted-coat
    http://www.verticelondon.com/coats/15uma_black_coat.html

Reasons for selling:

- Needed money, not as much anymore
    - Can't really layer underneath, a little tight in shoulders and chest
    - A bit too weird and long to wear in my boring life, have enough coats already.
    - I'm not a collector and I move around a lot so no point in keeping something I don't wear

Reasons for not selling:

- From one of Uma Wang's first men's collections, rare
    - A bit weird and interesting, well-made piece of clothing
    - Sipang approved
    - I would have to sell it at less than 1/3 of retail price despite its like new condition. I paid about 1/2 retail.

13. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

that's really beautiful

14. sipang

sipang Senior member

(but what if I changed my mind)

I'm a collector against my better judgment and it sucks, lots of shit never worn wasting space, tying up funds, useless.

7 people like this.
  15. anzar

anzar Senior member

Amazing never thought like that, wow

16. singsong

singsong Active Member

Thanks, I did some more looking into sizing and found I'll definitely need something larger than a size 50.
    [​IMG]

I'm now thinking of getting this bomber in an xl. Although the Alexander Wang site describes the non-leather material as cotton canvas, a number of other shops describe it as denim. I've never had a denim jacket before, even if the denim aspect seems rather reserved. Is it ok to wear this with new standards, grey or black knit or athletic sweater and some all black leather sneakers? Can only really get one fall jacket so don't want to try something new that won't work out with my every day wardrobe.

17. Ragechester

Ragechester Senior member

^ hahahaaaaa your avatar just killed me... wit dat Avirex and all

18. white collar

white collar Senior member

19. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

CRNM PS-10 (DRYSKIN version)

[​IMG]

Gothninja 101, but I've always like Acronym just haven't been able to spend $800 on pants. A friend of mine bought a pair of the current season and they are too big (perfect for me though) so he is either going to return them (ordered from Canada, lives in Australia) or said he'll sell to me for $500.(retail is like 650 iirc).

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  20. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

I'm no expert on ties, but isn't polo one of the less nice lines (compared to, say, purple label at least)? You'll probably want to ask in the classic menswear forum for more specific recommendations, but I know forum affiliates Wolf vs. Goat, No Man Walks Alone, and Epaulet all have some tie offerings (and probably tons more that are better-known by the CM crowd).