1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. DLester

DLester Senior member

A shoulder strap is useful, but I am wary of using it to carry a bag when I have on a suit jacket or overcoat. It can deform the shoulders by compressing the padding. If you wear a suit jacket every day, it is something to keep in mind.

And I was kidding about the ostrich bag. It is over $5k.

2. accordion

accordion Senior member

raf velcros?

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  3. warriortree

warriortree Well-Known Member

Not fan of the velcros it remembers me the Child school...

4. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

Velcros some of the best sneakers ever. if u like, cop

5. Synthese

just wondering - but if you're using it to carry documents, are you sure you don't want the structure? Having had both in the past, even when I was using an A4 notebook (i.e. not loose sheets) in a floppy bag, I ended up squishing everything.

Anyway the obvious answer is the all-seeing all-knowing Rick Owens tote

6. DLester

DLester Senior member

I always liked the velcros. There were some a long while back that I really had the wants for, silver (of course).

7. DLester

DLester Senior member

Are you talking about that moleskine or whatever moss green bag that comes with the footwear?

I should make more use of mine for trips to the market. They would be perfect for hauling home my usual purchases of organic vegetables, power bars and vodka.

8. Synthese

Yeah, that's the one. they are just about the perfect bag. I used to travel with mine, even. Now I bring one of those "enviro-sax" so that people know I'm sustainable, even on the go.

9. anzar

anzar Senior member

Keeping in view your need, I would say go for Porter one, because its not traditional style, its loose too.

10. ThunderJack23

ThunderJack23 Active Member

I want to buy stan smiths but i have never had a pair of full white shoes and i am concerned about the white colour because it easily gets dirty? what do you guys think, should i be concerned?

11. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Getting them dirty is part of why you should get white shoes.

12. ThunderJack23

ThunderJack23 Active Member

well i think you got a point right there! :D

13. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Yes, I never understood the point of being overly cautious with shoes. They go on your feet, your feet go on the ground, they will get dirty.
    Besides, stans are cheap. If they get messed up clean them, if they still look bad but new ones.

14. Classified_

Classified_ Senior member

1. The dirt adds a lot of character to the shoe, keeping them store white looks too boring.
    2 I wear my white CP Achilles all the time, they rarely get dirty on the upper. Worst you'll get is a bit on the toe, heels and maybe a few lines in the sides. Nothing a simple wet wipe can't handle.

15. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

I kinda like that one. Any reason you wouldn't just go for that? I know nothing of the brand, FWIW.

1 person likes this.
  16. morkra

morkra Member

I think I will end up going with them, just looking for options if anyone can think of anything else.

17. singsong

singsong Active Member

[​IMG]

Was thinking of copping this Our Legacy bomber. I'm usually a true large in most tops, and am just a bit worried that this in size 50 might be too tight to accommodate thicker sweaters, etc. underneath for fall? The measurements seem to be pretty good, I just have large shoulders/chest/back. An Opening Ceremony jacket I bought recently that seemed like it would fit based on measurements turned out to be way too tight in the shoulders, could barely lift my arms above my head without it tightening across the back uncomfortably, so I'm weary to buy another jacket online. Never had Our Legacy outerwear before so if anyone has any opinions on the fit of it or something, it would help.

18. RXS09

RXS09 Senior member

I've always been a fan of Raf velcros, especially the all black cw

19. accordion

accordion Senior member

I would always size up for bombers if you're not sure since most of them aren't fitted.

Those Velcros are gone but I wanted them cuz I like sneakers and they seem like they'd go well with narrow leg opening black jeans. I wasn't sure cuz the large velcro straps make them seem like kanye/asap streetwear w/e but I was just looking for a simple black high top.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  20. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Raf's are rad and the current ripple dole ones are seriously making me consider a pair but if your after a pair of simple black hi tops it's the wrong move. I mean shit, you can get some cp tournaments or Achilles hi's for half the price. Or a pair of black dunks for an 8th of the price. Or black chucks or Blazers for even less still.