1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

it's fun but do not wear with that hat

1 person likes this.
  2. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Totally on board with that idea.

3. Classified_

Classified_ Senior member

Color is very unique, but looks like there's a serious back drape, or is that because of the angle you're standing? Anyway, I like it, and goes great with the Jeans too.

4. redc2

redc2 Senior member

Yes I saw a poor girl wearing a long white coat and it was not good. If you saw her, you'd agree totally. Anyway Mrs nicelynice looked good in the white coat.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  5. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

what

3 people like this.
  6. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

decent deal on these italian loafers. thoughts?

[​IMG]

7. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Definitely some serious back drape. IDK if I'd wear it much with indigo jeans, actually. Probably black jeans and combat boots. Or over a tank with drop-crotch sweats and hi-tops on the way to the gym.

8. Classified_

That would actually be a great look. However, maybe slightly taper it on the sides to avoid the big drape? I think it will look much nicer.

9. Cotton Dockers

Cotton Dockers Senior member

The drape is what does it for me actually.

1 person likes this.
  10. DLester

DLester Senior member

birdshits in black.

[​IMG]

11. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

i think birdshits only look good in white.

15 people like this.
  12. ericleavitt

ericleavitt Senior member

Yuketen Walker Derbys or Yuketen Ripple Sole Derbys? I'll post an example of each, but these arent the definite color of either that I would go for. I'd like @agvs opinion, because he has the ripple soles, and I was wondering which I could casually implement into my wardrobe more often.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. agvs

agvs Senior member

The walkers are a bit more casual overall. The ripple sole is actually not that noticeable when they're on your feet. I have the black ones so they're not very casual looking. The brown ones would probably be a bit easier to wear. I don't know, man. It's kind of a toss up but yeah I'd say the walkers if you want to go more casual.

1 person likes this.
  14. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

Been having the hardest time trying to decide which pair of boots to buy and pack on my trip to Europe. I only plan on bringing a pair of Birkenstocks, these boots, and a pair of sneakers. I plan to make at least one other shoe purchase when I'm there, probably a pair of Trickers or Meermin/Carmina.

Not looking for anything with a leather sole... I know I can resole or Topy, but I've always believed in keeping the shoes the way they came until they're worn out and need replacing.

Been thinking about a pair of Danner Mountain Light II because I've wanted a pair in forever, but I'm scared they're the heaviest. They provide the most utility but the things is I don't even wear raw denim anymore.

[​IMG]

Alden Indy Boots have been on my to buy list forever... I remember they were around 400 when I first learned about them but prices have crept up. Would love a pair of the 403.

[​IMG]

Then the Red Wing Gentleman Traveler (now Beckman) I have also been eyeing forever...

[​IMG]

I know none of these boots are particularly exciting, but except for the Danner, they all fall under being an extremely easy to wear and versatile style of boot. I don't imagine buying another pair of boots in a while so I have to make this count.

15. ClambakeSkate

ClambakeSkate Senior member

Are you looking for lug sole specifically? If not I'd recommend the Iron Rangers for consideration. They're my favorite boots. They've fallen out of favor on SF but who cares. The GT is like a toecapless/lug sole version of the Iron Rangers (I think) but I love the cork sole on the IR.

I'd recommend trying the danner on in person. If you're packing them without breaking them in first you could have a painful trip. And, yes, they're really heavy boots.

I never liked indys.

16. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Senior member

I tried the bottom pair last year. The roughout suede is really nice. They work well casually (ie. with jeans) I'd say. The soles felt pretty chunky / heavy and slightly orthopedic, I'd rather have that sort of thing on a boot personally, but they are probably comfy when broken in. Sizing didn't work out for me (i turned out to be around 9.5 in them and the store didn't have half sizes).

1 person likes this.
  17. pasteurisation

pasteurisation Senior member

I don't know about Danner mountain light II, but Danner light is confortable and unbelievably light weighted. In my opinion, they are one of the best hiking or tracking boots for around $350.

18. Classified_

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  19. Jabonator

Jabonator Senior member

They look slick enough to work with slim jeans to me. Just got to get good stackage.

1 person likes this.
  20. clotheshorse69

clotheshorse69 Senior member

What is the long tunic a few pages back worn with?