1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

2. hobscrk777

hobscrk777 Senior member

[​IMG] For wearing with jeans and chinos for a casual, preppy look (as an alternative to boat shoes).

3. Robert

Robert Senior member

Can't post a picture because I saw this in a local vintage shop: for 36 USD, a 1960s Sears Roebuck heavy brown tweed overcoat, sort of peacoat length and cut but with narrow lapels. Outside flap pockets, faux fur lining. Perfect fit and perfect condition. By today's standards, it might be called a little boxy but it's still slim-fitting. I don't know why I can't stay out of the vintage place but it's for discoveries like this once in a while, I guess. Whadya think?

4. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

^^ Sounds like a sure bet if it fits your style.

5. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

Hobscr, yes. Those look good. What are they?

6. Robert

Robert Senior member

Done did it. It was this, or a $70 pair of j. crew cords. Figured this was the better deal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

8. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

I need some boots but it's so hard to find my size, resorting to relatively unisex womens boots, would like some opinion on these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tchlink:top:en

They don't look very unisex at all.

9. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

I s'pose, the shape is a bit soft, would like something a bit more structure. Well if anyone knows where one could get some true size 38-39 street boots I'm all ears.

10. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

If you find some, link me as well. I have the same problem [​IMG]

11. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

I s'pose, the shape is a bit soft, would like something a bit more structure. Well if anyone knows where one could get some true size 38-39 street boots I'm all ears.

i like the boots, fwiw

12. breakz

breakz Senior member

It gets into the 30's and 40's at night in Winter some days. That's REALLY cold to me haha. Thanks for the TOJ duffle suggestion though.

My bad, you're right--Gville got really chilly sometimes and it always surprised me.

13. Teger

Teger Senior member

pretty much any dress shoe brand (alden, C&J) will go that small..

14. mfais

mfais Senior member

a belt and wallet from hollows. should i or no? maybe go with lgc instead?

15. mikey34

mikey34 Senior member

Any thoughts on Krane Siebel messenger bag?

16. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

color:

or

With all due respect, hell neither.

For wearing with jeans and chinos for a casual, preppy look (as an alternative to boat shoes).

Are those RL? I think they'll work for what you're going for.

Done did it. It was this, or a $70 pair of j. crew cords. Figured this was the better deal.

Nice.

17. breakz

breakz Senior member

For wearing with jeans and chinos for a casual, preppy look (as an alternative to boat shoes).

you asked about these earlier, right? buying these or light brown loafers?

well, whether you did or didn't these are great prep basics

18. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

My bad, you're right--Gville got really chilly sometimes and it always surprised me.
    He's not gonna get much use out of that. Gainesville is like 10-15 degrees colder than tampa usually (lived in both). Last year gville got into the low 20s a bunch if you had to go to work at like 7am. My car windows were completely iced over like 10 times. In tampa though, it's definitely nice to have 1 warm jacket, especially because sometimes you may visit up north where you'd need it even in late march. I wouldn't buy more than 1 though. I had 1 warm jacket and a bunch of light jackets i could wear when it's in the 50s and it was perfect. I have too many light jackets right now (3 in a shade of grey too) so i need to sell some soon.

19. breakz

breakz Senior member

He's not gonna get much use out of that. Gainesville is like 10-15 degrees colder than tampa usually (lived in both). Last year gville got into the low 20s a bunch if you had to go to work at like 7am. My car windows were completely iced over like 10 times. In tampa though, it's definitely nice to have 1 warm jacket, especially because sometimes you may visit up north where you'd need it even in late march. I wouldn't buy more than 1 though. I had 1 warm jacket and a bunch of light jackets i could wear when it's in the 50s and it was perfect. I have too many light jackets right now (3 in a shade of grey too) so i need to sell some soon.
    Yeah, I do remember that I managed in Gainesville with a medium jacket + sweater + long sleeve tee when it got particularly cold. I never had to get a peacoat though until I visited NY in the winter for the first time a few years back. This reminds me of my friend in Miami who bought a peacoat...he wears it like 3 times a year with a t-shirt underneath. [​IMG] dmash, it's ultimately your call but maybe a medium-weight jacket + whatever sweater would be better.

20. hobscrk777

hobscrk777 Senior member

Hobscr, yes. Those look good. What are they?
    They're a RL model called the "Turin."

Are those RL? I think they'll work for what you're going for.
    Yes, they're RL. Thanks for the feedback.

you asked about these earlier, right? buying these or light brown loafers?

well, whether you did or didn't these are great prep basics

Yeah, I asked about colors earlier, but I wanted to post a specific loafer and get some more specific feedback. Thanks for the recommendation.