• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
get the leder if it fits you

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can buy Barbour anytime, go with the Leder

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the last one most

DividedWay

Reaction score

I need a pair of sneakers- and I wouldn't be able to wear clean whites much. These look great. Convince me otherwise, please dear god.

mes123

Reaction score
First post here, been lurking around for awhile. Hi all!

On the fence about this Ervell shirt jacket. I love the piece, but is it too wide in the shoulders on me? I like the boxy fit, but not if it just looks too big. Would appreciate some feedback from you guys.

Left Hand

Reaction score
I think it looks fine. Maybe a hair big in the shoulders but I think that could just be your posture in that pic. I say keep it.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Someone in the SNS thread said the Svensson Cloud was superior to the Stark in quality.  They retail for quite a bit more than the Stark but are on sale for about $240 shipped to the US.  I pulled the trigger on an XL, I'll let you guys know about the fit and quality when it arrives.

IIRC that post was about last years version though, which was cashmere... all the ones I've seen this year are merino or 92wool/8cashmere. I tried on one of the crew necks last week and was not particularly impressed. Material was ok, but not that special (especially since they usually run more $$$ than sns). Fit was awkward and ran at least a half size big... I'm a 36 and the small was definitely too big.

edit- to be fair, I tried on the waffle crew and most of the good things I've heard have been about the cloud knit so maybe the waffle is just one of their weaker pieces.

Last edited:

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since it's sale season, looking at a few Junya cardigans - at 50% off, they're $350 or so. 100% wool.

Most of the designs are fairly traditional, a few examples with really nice colors, smart details, etc. Nothing super conceptual.

Thoughts on the brand and his knits?

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone was saying they're not that great. I think it was in the epicurean knits thread.

smART

Reaction score

I need a pair of sneakers- and I wouldn't be able to wear clean whites much. These look great. Convince me otherwise, please dear god.
those are magnificent! and if you get tired of them, you can sell them to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads