• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Zeemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
actually all other balmain items suck

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Notwitit you got a real beautiful body but you wanting to take in the body or even considering altering the RG is a real awful idea. And shame on you people for supporting him. Fwiw I am viewing this in he iphone but all angles look fine even with your tight jeans.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
May have seen in another thread where I said I wasn't totally happy with a vintage Schott pickup. If I were only going to keep one of these two jackets, which ought it be?

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2nd one.

What's that crazy talk about tapering a sweatshirt, I'm with toast on this one.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
is th efirst norse projects? if so you PM me about it :embar:

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
:laugh: Sorry, I was kinda trolling with that one, too. I actually just ordered it so I could handle it in person, seeing as how it's one of the most inexplicably SF-hyped items of all time. It's going back to Barney's tomorrow.

Seriously, though, I don't see a problem with altering a sweatshirt. It's not like it has crazy overlock stitching or anything; it's just a simple cut-and-sew. I don't really buy into the argument of keeping with a designer's "vision" with something this basic.

edit: shore, I think both of those look good.

Last edited:

SparhawkJC

Reaction score
Need some opinions on which pair of deep indigo jeans to get. Torn between 3Sixteen ST-120, Momotaro x Blue Owl BOM003 Deep Indigo, BOM001 Midnight Warrior, Momotaro 0702 "Deep Indigo", or Momotaro ER007-2B "Grand Indigo." Never owned unsanforized denim before so I'm a bit wary of the Blue Owl collabs. Here are links to the jeans:

3Sixteen ST-120x
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=82&products_id=991

Momotaro x Blue Owl BOM003 Deep Indigo
http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bridge3.dll?VBPROG=\bin\shop.prodt.detail&SKU=7913000

Momotaro x Blue Owl BOM001 Midnight Warrior
http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bridge3.dll?VBPROG=\bin\shop.prodt.detail&SKU=7932000

Momotaro Deep Indigo
http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bridge3.dll?VBPROG=\bin\shop.prodt.detail&SKU=7960000

Momotaro Grand Indigo
http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bridge3.dll?VBPROG=\bin\shop.prodt.detail&SKU=7962002

Currently leaning towards the Momotaro Grand Indigo or Deep Indigo, but would welcome any input you guys can provide.

Olivine76

Reaction score

May have seen in another thread where I said I wasn't totally happy with a vintage Schott pickup. If I were only going to keep one of these two jackets, which ought it be?

The second bomber jacket is a keeper, no doubt!

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I go out I do a lot of walking on choppy cobblestone streets and dress shoes aren't really the greatest for that. Do these soles kill these or not? These are Bottega Veneta but I'd be open to something similar in another brand.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Caveat those shoes are fine, sole included

It really depends on you pair it with your outfit though. Looks to have a nice shape

I don't like any of stevent's suggestions.

Last edited:

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Steven but I've got plenty of boots. I'm looking for a derby or something I can dress up.

GT- Yeah, that is my question. How dressy could I get with those soles? I'm seeing these soles a lot, like in Jil Sander's formal shoes. so what's the verdict on this? Obviously they are intended for formal attire, but that doesn't mean it will look good.

Last edited:

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those BVs look great, imo.
Sole does not look out of place.

I think you can wear them casually too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads