• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sweater doesn't look bad to me. Good shade of green too.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Prolly gonna wait for it to hit 30-50% off but:

wurm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Prolly gonna wait for it to hit 30-50% off but:

I first thought this was Jesus smoking a cigarette. Then I realized it was Yohji (right?). Either way, you really shouldn't.

Also, I've never felt any Acne knits but I don't think I'd really want to take the risk of finding out what the quality is like. I almost exclusively hear bad things about Acne quality; or rather that they're overpriced. Only thing I would buy from Acne are Max jeans cause the cut is so nice (denim is OK but not worth retail).

Last edited:

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I first thought this was Jesus smoking a cigarette. Then I realized it was Yohji (right?). Either way, you really shouldn't.

Yea it's YY, a drawing based off this picture:

Why do you think it'd be a bad buy? Obviously I don't have too much of an interest in actually wearing Yohji's threads but I appreciate his work and that photo is pretty ******* iconic/cool

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
I tried on the Acne sweater at Opening Ceremony, it doesn't fit as baggy as that first pic. The color is very nice and it's thicker than you might expect, in a good way. Made in China. Not worth retail in my eyes (300 iirc?) I'd pay 2 tops but buy it in a second at half off, and chances are if my size makes it to sale I will.

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's reassuring to hear (I knew it didn't merit a "yuck!"), but now I have to worry about how long it'll take to hit sales. :(

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
acne knits are just so apcish

I'm just afraid 71 x 15 inches won't be big enough to fulfill my chunky scarf cravings :(

this a ***** ass scarf

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I tried on the Acne sweater at Opening Ceremony, it doesn't fit as baggy as that first pic.  The color is very nice and it's thicker than you might expect, in a good way.  Made in China.  Not worth retail in my eyes (300 iirc?) I'd pay 2 tops but buy it in a second at half off, and chances are if my size makes it to sale I will.

Probably a fair assessment of ACNE. Still remember the ACNE salesmen in Amsterdam telling me their denim was better than the momotaros I was wearing at that time :lol:

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, I've never felt any Acne knits but I don't think I'd really want to take the risk of finding out what the quality is like. I almost exclusively hear bad things about Acne quality; or rather that they're overpriced. Only thing I would buy from Acne are Max jeans cause the cut is so nice (denim is OK but not worth retail).
got these for ~90$, so very happy with them
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have one knit from acne, and it kinda sucks. the shoulders started getting out of shape after the first wash and nipping is really a huge problem.
the crewnecks/sweater are really bad, and the sleeves stretches 1-2 inches after several wears.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics