1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. grizzlybear

grizzlybear Senior member

price?

Look into U-boat

2. mer6

mer6 Senior member

Look into neither, they're both super gaudy and large.

3. colabear

colabear Senior member

It is kinda big...47 mm. I just like the look of it with the gold with black and the font style of the numbers. It also kinda look like a Panera

4. grizzlybear

well obviously thats what he wants, so yeah...

5. grizzlybear

and uhh, that junk does NOT look like a Panerai

6. DividedWay

DividedWay Senior member

For MC wear. But may also see some swd times, if it looks right.
    [​IMG]

Or

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  7. darkdream

darkdream Senior member

Should I buy a pair of guidi 991 if I am 5'9", length to bottom of knee is 18 inches, inseam 31.5 inches, and muscular leg build (16 inch calves, 24 inch quads). I am worried it will make me look shorter. If you think they will work, what size should I get if I wear 9.5-10.

8. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

i'm shorter than you and wear mine all the time

9. stevent

stevent Senior member

The austerity is better but color is a bit light, black wingtip bal is not too versatile. Formal since black and a bal, less formal since it's a wingtip. Why not the oxblood u cap or bordeaux alt wein? Both seem more suitable for MC

10. colabear

colabear Senior member

I just left the store and tried on the watch. It's pretty heavy and the crown part keeps poking my hand whenever I move it. It's nice to look at but very uncomfortable to wear.

11. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

12. darkdream

darkdream Senior member

Cola, if you do not want to spend much money but want a higher quality watch for the money, look at micro brands on watchuseek.com.

13. DividedWay

DividedWay Senior member

Not a big fan of the U-cap or bordeaux in general. :\ Leaning towards Austerity, because it's gorgeous, but I wish it came in black (or the AS captoe came in a round toe)

14. Max13

Max13 Active Member

Is it bad that I want to look good while I workout, or is that the point of working out? Is it worse that I want to purchase these "Robert Geller Second" hoodies to do my morning runs in / generally work out in? They're 100% cotton, made in Japan, and originally priced at 215 but are discounted to 64 at East Dane right now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

For running gear I'd avoid 100% cotton sweatshirts and stick to lightweight synthetic blends.

16. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Have already exceeded annual budget for clothes!!

Put boyfriends cheque to pay for one of my ordered pairs, which would give me 11 pairs total - do I really need 12 pairs of jeans???

Also recent shirts from Thomas Pink sale seem really great quality..don't think I need another 4 after all, meaning that when I do, I'll be able to afford better shirts (TMLewin ones shrink a size after constant washing!)

This might change after next collections if I fall for a shirt fabric!

Also debating whether to sell my unworn Burberry cashmere overcoat, buy an inexpensive sheepskin from TKMAXX, and out the balance towards my credit cards,,,

17. Max13

Max13 Active Member

Yea, that makes sense if I'm running with a time-watch i.e. to beat a time score. I generally run/jog to break a sweat so cotton helps me in this regard; however, I do wear some dry-fit tech clothes underneath which absorbs the sweat that would otherwise drench any cotton.

Is it ridiculous to consider running in a hoodie that retails for this much? Or more generally, what y'all think of the hoodie? Anybody know about Geller Seconds quality?

18. colabear

colabear Senior member

I didn't get coz it was uncomfy to wear

19. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Ahh, can't decide...

black in wool/linen, bit softer and more casual
    black/navy/brown in wool/ramie, bit more formal, flat shape but more interesting fabric

wool/linen:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

wool/ramie:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  20. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

really digging that wool ramie, but it looks one size too big on you? is it an overcoat?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
    1 person likes this.