• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

also does anyone know how edun fits?

RicPac

Reaction score

should i cop?? looking for a nice pair of boots that will last, bought some allsaints one 2 years ago and blah

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Damn Fok didn't cosign the belt I was looking at :foo:

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

should i cop?? looking for a nice pair of boots that will last, bought some allsaints one 2 years ago and blah

I'm not sure what those are but they're a little workboot-y depending on your style, and the speed hooks ruin them anyway.

Last edited:

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No idea what they are, but if you're a habitual jeans and check flannel shirt wearer they'll work.

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
They're wolverine 1000 miles. Very boiler-plate choice for the workwear type boots. I don't understand the gripe about the speed hooks. They look good for their intended aesthetic.

ElDave

Reaction score

They're wolverine 1000 miles. Very boiler-plate choice for the workwear type boots. I don't understand the gripe about the speed hooks. They look good for their intended aesthetic.

Speed hooks can be an issue on dress boots because they may catch on the hem. Complaining about speed hooks on a work boot is stupid - it's like complaining that a Ford SVT Raptor comes with knobby tires instead of low profile racing slicks.

Anyway, I've got the Wolverine 1k 744LTD and they're great. Not as comfortable as Indy boots, but still comfortable and fit the workwear aesthetic.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Considering this piece, reversible wool jacket. It's a 46 and I range from 44 and 46, but thinking a 44 would be too small. Here are some pics in bad lighting...

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm a moron, and I need to spend like $250 at Context in the next week. Kinda struggling with what to get.

EG?

Schott?

Any suggestions?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads