1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. fireflygrave

fireflygrave Senior member

probably sounds snobby but $100 leather jacket is gonna be shitty

1 person likes this.
  2. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

for those that wanna have somehthing similar to that acne/raf dip dye jumper without breaking the bank.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  3. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

4. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

just search asos, it's easy to find. 50$ only lol. quality is probably shit though (obviously).

5. threeonethree

threeonethree Well-Known Member

Could be true for one made in Italy or US , but India has much cheaper labour and the leather for this jacket is also locally made. On top of that i am buying from a discount online store. I can be 100% sure the jacket is not going to be good quality but how can i verify if the jacket is at least acceptable quality and not a shit rip off? I have posted high quality pics, can you judge from that? Will it be impossible to judge the quality without feeling the jacket?

I am only willing to take a chance because the seller has a no questions asked return policy.

6. ridethecliche

Then give it a go and get back to us.

7. washedout

washedout Senior member

I could never buy from Asos again. Their sizing is ridiculously small and the quality isn't even worth the 50 dollars.

8. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

I know, I bought this xxs polo (the size guide said it would fit me) with $9 full price and turned out it fit so goddamn tight and the quality is half the price. no wonder they have a liberal return policy.

9. mer6

mer6 Senior member

I'm going to be giving a presentation to a bunch of college alumni/trustees/administrators on a public health paper I'm authoring in about 2 weeks. There is no dress code- I plan on wearing black pants and a white shirt.

Which Undercover tie looks better, black or grey? Yes, those are little organs on there.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Tie with no jacket makes me sad.

11 people like this.
  11. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

Thanks mer6, copped the grey one to celebrate match day! I think grey is more versatile than black.

1 person likes this.
  12. nevergreen

nevergreen Senior member

[​IMG]
    or
    [​IMG]

jk both sold out [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Get this one
    [​IMG]

on the other hand, I really think this might look cool once the fabric start to wear out on the surface

[​IMG]

14. mer6

mer6 Senior member

I don't really have the money right now to pick up a jacket, and from what I understand, other students invited will mostly be wearing ties without jackets.

Noted. I'm weighing changing what I'm wearing to get that one, but I feel like I like the black one so much more. I have till about Monday to decide to still have enough time to get it shipped.

15. stevent

stevent Senior member

Worse when work requires you to wear this. Then someone complains if you wear jacket and you are asked to take it off :facepalm:

1 person likes this.
  16. LelandJ

LelandJ Senior member

damn commies capitalists

17. stevent

stevent Senior member

Haha actually complete opposite but I believed they meant well

Also was required to wear *black suit* only and was not told until night before I needed so had go get something and drive 1.5 hours before 11am

Glad I'm not working there anymore

18. ridethecliche

You should own a navy blazer at the bare minimum. Most versatile jacket that can be worn with just about anything and dresses up the kind of fit you have to do.

19. mer6

mer6 Senior member

The problem is I'm at these events so rarely, this is the first time in at least a year that I think it's appropriate to wear a tie. I've got a brown wool sport jacket, but I have zero dress shoes to match with it- just an uncomfortable pair of thrifted black Santoni bluchers. It's not worth it in general for me to shell out money to buy nice "dressed up" clothes since they're so rarely utilized

20. ridethecliche

You're in college or grad school?

At the bare minimum you should have one suit that fits and shoes to go with it. I'm serious. If you get an internship interview tomorrow are you going to scramble to find something? These can be found on the cheap, but you have to look for them and it's better to have them and not regularly need them than to need them and scramble to get them.