• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

fireflygrave

Reaction score
i think the dip dyes are cooler, but these are also nice. if youre gonna wear them unzipped sometimes i say yeah, because theyre unique that way. but if youre just gonna wear them like reg. boots then thats a hefty price for a black boot

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I say no, but I've never been fond of front zip boots anyways.

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yay or nay?
Acne boots

I am actually not a full SW&D guy, but more like Street Men's Clothing & Denim guy.

Last edited:

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How's the quality of Acne shoes? The sole doesn't look stabile, it looks like they just glued the sole on the other parts.
Anyway, it's 50% off, so I have nothing to lose.

What do I wear those boots with?

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tapered black jeans and a white ocbd is a good start, side zips don't look good with jeans larger than 7.5" across the hem.

I would be all over those if I didn't have the gold margiela's, which btw the gold rubs off very easily and are looking quite cool as there is only a hint of solid gold left in places

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

How's the quality of Acne shoes? The sole doesn't look stabile, it looks like they just glued the sole on the other parts.
Anyway, it's 50% off, so I have nothing to lose.

What do I wear those boots with?

sole does look thin

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've seen other pictures of those boots in which the uppers look sort of flimsy and weird, but the shape looks excellent and would definitely work in a suit/MC context.

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
been on the hunt for my first pair of boots/shoes. something that will work with most everything i wear daily that can be dressed up or down. decided that rather than spend a fortune I should give these a try.. am now looking at these 2 MOMA's. i'd really like a zip up but not sure these are really the ones for me.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What kind of stuff do you usually wear? I never think Moma's look that good with sleeker things.

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What kind of stuff do you usually wear? I never think Moma's look that good with sleeker things.
yeah i've been revamping my warddrobe to sleeker minimal fit type stuff. subtle high fashion i guess you could say...lanvin, balenciaga, etc. black or grey denim, light or dark contrast button ups and shirts. saving up for a RO leather jacket as well.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the gold margiela's, which btw the gold rubs off very easily and are looking quite cool as there is only a hint of solid gold left in places

was just about to post the same. I've only worn mine once and yeah the gold comes off pretty easy... a decent amount came off from a few hours of wear and I peeled off another chunk of it pretty easily...only maybe half the paint is still on.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I feel like everyone's complaint was that the gold was too gaudy so that's kinda good to know. I've had mine for sale still haven't decided but maybe I'll keep

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The gold is super tacky but you can easily rub it off with a nail. Was picking up my other mmm side zips and I asked the cobbler if he could get rid of the gold and he said that apart from the gold on the leather he could sand down the sole and repaint it. I might do that later if enough doesn't come off. I think it would look pretty cool if 70 % of the gold falls off.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads