1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Nas

Nas Well-Known Member

2. dmash

dmash Well-Known Member

Woolrich Woolen Mills Chambray
    [​IMG]
    Engineered Garments Scarf
    [​IMG]

3. snake

snake Well-Known Member

Yes on both, love their scarves this season.

4. dmash

dmash Well-Known Member

Yes on both, love their scarves this season.

Yeah as soon as I posted, I decided I would buy it. Haha. I'm not sure about the chambray fit though....it seems most pics of seen, the shirt looks boxy instead of a more fitted cut.

5. APK

APK Well-Known Member

Asking SF whether they think you should buy a chambray is almost a waste of time. A WWM chambray, no less.

+1 on the scarves, though. I've been using some homemade scarf my brother left at my place for the last couple winters, but I'm definitely springing for an EG scarf next month.

6. dmash

dmash Well-Known Member

Asking SF whether they think you should buy a chambray is almost a waste of time. A WWM chambray, no less.

+1 on the scarves, though. I've been using some homemade scarf my brother left at my place for the last couple winters, but I'm definitely springing for an EG scarf next month.

I haven't been here long....why is that on the chambray? Are you saying it's overly popular, or people put them down?

7. ahjota

ahjota Well-Known Member

I haven't been here long....why is that on the chambray? Are you saying it's overly popular, or people put them down?

[​IMG]

SF [​IMG] WWM
    SF [​IMG] chambray

8. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Well-Known Member

Paraboot Michael [​IMG] Paraboot Avignon [​IMG]

9. jon bones

jon bones Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

wow, i love that. how much did that run you?

10. wagthesam

wagthesam Well-Known Member

I've been looking at scarves, and that looks awesome. Does anyone know if cotton scarves are good for cold winters (toronto)? I've basically never worn a scarf before since I used to be in victoria where they weren't needed. I'm on a quest for fashionable and functional winter scarves

11. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Well-Known Member

^^wool is what you need in a cold winter climate imo. But ofcourse a cotton scarf can add warmth and minimize chill air getting into your jacket.

12. eusticity

eusticity Well-Known Member

Bobo, I don't like that first pair as the ridge reminds me of Wallabees.

13. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

I've been looking at scarves, and that looks awesome.

Does anyone know if cotton scarves are good for cold winters (toronto)? I've basically never worn a scarf before since I used to be in victoria where they weren't needed. I'm on a quest for fashionable and functional winter scarves

I just got a 50wool/50cashmere one form H&M, seems nice.

14. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

I dunno, the first pair (with the Wallabee echo) seems to fit well with Bobo's hippie professor stuff. The avignons are classic, to be sure, but remind me too much of boring Allen Edmonds (delray or wilbert--completely unexceptional shoes). They're not dad style; they're aspirational uncle style. Maybe more wearable in Bobo's town, where they're probably not as common.

15. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

Julius resin coated hoodie in dark gray

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've always hated hoodies and never wanted to buy one, but now I feel I need one. That looks great.

16. tagutcow

tagutcow Well-Known Member

Should I or shouldn't I buy APC Petite Standards?

I was initially afraid they would be too slim (overly slim jeans can look awkward on me since I'm not that tall and have big 11.5EE feet), but they're only really about .5" slimmer at the hem and knee than the SFx5EP, right? I'm also considering the Flathead F310, which I honestly can't afford right now.

As odd as it sounds, I want jeans that don't have a green tint to them, so they can complement a wider range of colors. I have some Lee Gold Label which are good for that purpose, but which I unfortunately hemmed too short to wear with boots/slim shoes.

Should I get the APCs, or wait and grab the Flatheads (which are also not quite as slim, and I'm less worried about looking odd.)

17. dmash

dmash Well-Known Member

only 67 bucks!

18. slaani

slaani Well-Known Member

Should I or shouldn't I buy APC Petite Standards?

I was initially afraid they would be too slim (overly slim jeans can look awkward on me since I'm not that tall and have big 11.5EE feet), but they're only really about .5" slimmer at the hem and knee than the SFx5EP, right? I'm also considering the Flathead F310, which I honestly can't afford right now.

As odd as it sounds, I want jeans that don't have a green tint to them, so they can complement a wider range of colors. I have some Lee Gold Label which are good for that purpose, but which I unfortunately hemmed too short to wear with boots/slim shoes.

Should I get the APCs, or wait and grab the Flatheads (which are also not quite as slim, and I'm less worried about looking odd.)

I think petite standards would look awkward on you, on the reals. Flatheads are higher quality and I'll bet you wouldn't be considering the APCs if they weren't cheaper. Don't compromise!

19. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

Tagut just wants the petit standards because they looked so good on me when i posted them

It's a good fit though. Not as weird tight in thighs with general unflattering fit of NC and not as sloppy as NSs after a month of wear.

20. tagutcow

tagutcow Well-Known Member

I think petite standards would look awkward on you, on the reals. Flatheads are higher quality and I'll bet you wouldn't be considering the APCs if they weren't cheaper. Don't compromise!

Tagut just wants the petit standards because they looked so good on me when i posted them

It's a good fit though. Not as weird tight in thighs with general unflattering fit of NC and not as sloppy as NSs after a month of wear.

Thanks for the input. So it's one "no" and one "maybe". The reason this is an issue is because Need Supply has a 10% discount right now.