1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Bortelli

Bortelli Senior member

Green Pants + Desert Boots? (Btw not my pic, Just wondering if this would be a smart combo.)
    [​IMG]

2. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

it works theoretically, but i'd much prefer a darker olive to that supersaturated green in your pic

3. jakeypotato

jakeypotato Senior member

1 person likes this.
  4. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

It was actually really hard to find a 1970s mountaineering inspired jacket like that just a couple of years ago. Looks well styled, nice colors, and price is fine. Most of the nicer jacket in that style use a 60/40 or near that blend fabric, that Uniqlo one is all nylon, so it may be a little more lightweight and "crinkly" than others. I have a similar jacket from batten that I love but it retails for a few hundred bucks.

Re: sassafras, I don't own any but I've always liked what I 've seen. Like a specifically gardening-oriented EG or post overalls. Nice fabrics (in the olive sateen/hickory stripe/heritage outdoor vein), japanese manufacture, unusual design esp wrt pockets. Would be nice to have more US-shipping stockists to compete with inventory. Some of the appeal is in scarcity for sure.

If you just need cheap but sorta special gardening pants, you can get earl's apparel or pointer brand work pants way cheaper. I have several friends who've ordered earl's fatigues though and been disappointed--cut is just too big/awkward.

1 person likes this.
  5. Ariiam

Ariiam Senior member

[​IMG]

Difficult to match?

6. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

Nah get it, it's really nice IMO

7. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

Undercover?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7 people like this.
  8. Nelsonq

Nelsonq Member

Ha, thanks! Yeah I wasn't totally keen on them but was looking for something other than another pair of cons. Plus the wet weather has never been favourable to them. Good alternative to cons?

9. Two Shoes

Two Shoes Senior member

For the guy looking for boots- Alden Roy.

KJ I like that Raf sweater.

Benes, no on the jacket.

My $.02

10. reezy

reezy Senior member

Would like to find a size III or IV bahhh

11. penanceroyaltea

penanceroyaltea Senior member

[​IMG]
    unused, like new for 49,800 yen? bout 500 usd?

i think the colour's kinda versatile but not sure if it'll fit into what i have.

was also looking at

[​IMG]

these for 43k yen... also brand new.

will only have funds for one though..

also on the lookout for black derbies.. something with the shape of the mr hare bernard or the raf ones (none in my size i could find). nearly wanted to get the heschung one on NMWA but in the end decided that the reverse welt contrast was too much for me..

12. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

I think you'd rock the visvims really well, and unless I'm mistaken 500$ is a solid price for a pair of like new ones [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  13. TWorksheets

TWorksheets Senior member

I like that Virgil colourway a lot, but I think they'll look better with some tan rawhide laces or something. Also, keep in mind that there are quite a few fakes floating around on the Japanese auction sites. If I were you I probably wouldn't buy anything that doesn't come with it's original packaging. Better safe then sorry since you won't be able to return it.

1 person likes this.
  14. hoodyear

hoodyear Senior member

1 person likes this.
  15. mer6

mer6 Senior member

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]
    I have the urge to up my Visvim footwear game. I'm leaning toward the Patricians (first)

16. Auximenes

Auximenes Senior member

yes, i dont particularly like even the patricians, but the other 2 i find quite hideous actually

17. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

In photos Patricians always look like something from Bass, or at best walk-over.

18. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Really like those virgils. I would buy.

19. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

What size are you? also I think those would fit well in your wardrobe

20. colabear

colabear Senior member

[​IMG] I'm seriously considering buying this Marc Jacobs mink boa. It's a woman's item but I figured I can make it work by wearing it casually with like an Aran knit sweater and jeans or a tweed blazer with jeans or something like that. I can also get this for cheap coz my friend at Marc Jacobs can hide one for me until the price goes down to 70% off. My only concern is that when I'm walking around town you know that I might signal too affluent and might get mugged (it happened to me before with a Marc Jacobs cashmere scarf). I'm also concerned with the image that it projects is it too decadent? I only like it for the cuteness factor.

1 person likes this.