• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Master Milano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not going to argue this because clearly it's not the right forum for it but to me, this isn't much different than buying a blazer by Orlebar Brown. (slight hyperbole) I recommend to buy stuff that are in the sweet spot of makers and designers. Let's put this in the bag of "things I still don't get about SWD"

LOL, I have to agree with this but that makes my previous question above seem kind of stupid... (really stupid) :foo:

Swiss

Reaction score
^^^ this is getting off topic, but yeah Rick cuts his jackets in unusual ways (or, if not, throws in crazy details). For example, his rear vents are always super high
yep :p

@gdl you make a very fair point, thanks for answering

@thisisblex :

Yes to the shoes, I have them in blue and love them. Very comfortable as to be expected and the leather is really cool.

Hat... Nothing special.

Personally I wouldn't buy the white shirt.

Last edited:

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I feel that tailoring is becoming (if it hasn't already) a sweet spot for Rick. His structured side, at least for me, is much more interesting than the leathers for which he's so well known.

But yeah, RO suiting fits pretty much exclusively in SW&D territory

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RO as in Rick Owens ? Why would you pay RO prices for something so... un-RO ? It's a basic black blazer, nothing edgy to it. I honestly thought it was Uniqlo

I ******* hate Rick's blazers, but they're definitely not basic. The button stance is really high and the whole bottom half is very exaggerated.

ro0047blk.jpeg

Swiss, it's probably not very well-made, and it seems like you want it for the label more than anything else. I'd pass man, it's too weird to wear with clothes that aren't Rick.

Swiss

Reaction score
it's actually this one KJ:

But anyway, why do you think it's not well made? I wouldn't know, but judging by his other clothes that I've handled I'd say they're very well made..
And yeah I mostly want it because of the label and the other stuff I mentioned. But I really like the design too and haven't found any other blazers that I like that much, would you know of any that are somewhat similar?

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go for it! Just know that Rick blazers are sized really small. So if you're at all in between sizes you'll definitely want to size up.

I was trying on one of the silk spring-weight ones a few months ago, and my scrawny size 46 frame had to size up to a 50 before buttoning that button stopped being a struggle. Might be different with the other ones, but yeah-- be careful out there

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
so for some nice outerwear options, i tried a very light julius trench (sz 2 seems to fiT!) and a devoa single button collar-less one -- construction is fantastic, in fact devoa seems pretty amazing in general, i tried a few and the sharp shouldered silhouettes are stunning, the fit is tight and very sharp cuts etc but you prob know this already it's just fun but a bit opposed to what i usu. prefer

S173T.jpg

rB1Qb.jpg

8OjDd.jpg

jISCV.jpg

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hard decision! i like both but with what you're wearing the devoa in blk/grey looks to mesh better imo

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

so for some nice outerwear options, i tried a very light julius trench (sz 2 seems to fiT!) and a devoa single button collar-less one -- construction is fantastic, in fact devoa seems pretty amazing in general, i tried a few and the sharp shouldered silhouettes are stunning, the fit is tight and very sharp cuts etc but you prob know this already it's just fun but a bit opposed to what i usu. prefer
S173T.jpg

rB1Qb.jpg
8OjDd.jpg

jISCV.jpg

YOU ALREADY KNOW

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like that devoa, shah. Did it look good buttoned?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads