Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

i don't like either, B. did you look at mykita or ic berlin?

2. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

The ones I saw didn't have the perforations in the front and was smooth shiny black all over instead:

Also saw these paraboots (made in spain):

I think the paraboots are ok. I'm not 100% sold on them though.

What are ya'lls thoughts on these two shoes? I have never heard of b Store, but they look okay I thought. What say you?
    1. b Store Bert 5 Chukka Boot - The only thing I'm not sold on is the hook laces. I've ran out out of options searching for size 8 Rachel Comey's and am really looking for a similar substitute.

2. b Store Barry 2 Brogue - I'm digging the colorway

3. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

4. jessetk313

jessetk313 Senior member

I'm thinkin of buying a pair of apc derbies are they worth 300 dollars, talk sense into me styleforum!

5. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

They are nice. I wouldn't pay retail though.

6. SPK

SPK Senior member

[​IMG] WCAGA henley

7. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

I have that henley and it's great. I like the contrast buttons. For $50 you should get it. It fits pretty short though so I had to size up to a large.

8. Mossy

Mossy Senior member

I'm 23 years old and have no dress shoes. I'm looking at these Calvin Kleins. They cost $225 Canadian.

[​IMG]

any other suggestions for a nice pair of dress shoes for someone my age? don't want to spend more than $400-500 at most!

9. inq89

inq89 Senior member

^Absolutely not. Spend some more time here and do a search in the "Mens Clothing" forum, and you'll find out that Calvin Klein shoes are to be avoided. There are so many better shoes to be had for any amount of money. For your first pair of dress shoes, I'd suggest cap toe oxfords from Allen Edmonds (a SF approved brand for modestly-priced shoes). Slip Ons are not proper dress shoes.

10. nohomo

nohomo Senior member

I'm 23 years old and have no dress shoes. I'm looking at these Calvin Kleins. They cost $225 Canadian.

[​IMG]

any other suggestions for a nice pair of dress shoes for someone my age? don't want to spend more than $400-500 at most!

Please no.

For $200-300, you can get a quality AE or BB shoe easily. At 400-500, you can get Alden or C&J. And even those CK ones you put are much cheaper on other sites.

11. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I'm trying to decide between two glasses. I've tried them both on and they both fit my face and look good.

Both styles generally look a bit 60's secretary-like. #1 is not as nice as #2... I wouldn't have these as my first and only pair. looks more like your 3rd sort of funky casual pair, like you'd have to be a hipster or in marketing or something. #2 are alright.

Also saw these paraboots (made in spain):

Mmmm, I do like them. Basically like Sperry's but sort of with a twist. Not sure though if people'll just assume they are Sperry but a strange model. I'm not sold, but they are pretty good.

Please no... They're a hodge-podge of loafers and wingtips, not dressy and not casual, and def no professional at all. And for that price?!! Please lurk/post around the Men's Clothing section and you'll see very quickly what's a lot better.
    Where are you located in canada, Pm me if you want ideas of stores/brands to check out...

12. jimmy zune

jimmy zune Active Member

@Nil: Go with the first pair.

13. stylesmurf

stylesmurf Senior member

Mmmm, I do like them. Basically like Sperry's but sort of with a twist. Not sure though if people'll just assume they are Sperry but a strange model. I'm not sold, but they are pretty good.

Thanks for your comments.
    I never think of myself as liking boat shoes/Sperrys at all.. but when i saw them in the dept store, the quality that they were oozing really caught my eye, so I had to look it up on the internets :p

14. theom-

theom- Senior member

15. sploosh

sploosh Senior member