• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
0414916075708r_cnero_300x400jpg.jpeg

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by newinny
I picked these up on Yoox but have never owned a pair of Dior jeans before. I'm a little hesitant that they may look like acid washed jeans. Anybody know what type these are? yoox
They look like the 21cm mist wash, but I'm not sure. DEFINITELY not the acid wash though. Those things look totally different.

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nahneun
They look like the 21cm mist wash, but I'm not sure. DEFINITELY not the acid wash though. Those things look totally different.

Definitely not mist or acid wash. I dunno what it is but not those 2.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jokerman
Definitely not mist or acid wash. I dunno what it is but not those 2.

Hmm, you're right. I didn't look closely enough at the stitching.

newinny

Reaction score
I wish they were "mist", found a picture. like the darker look.

65q0lf.jpg

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by newinny
I wish they were "mist", found a picture. like the darker look.
65q0lf.jpg

Honestly the mists are my favorite pair of Dior Homme Jeans and I have about 4-5 different pairs.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lamjckanyelouisvuitton1.jpg

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
g transistor, go for the sebago's. I think I'll be kopping a pair at some point.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
g transistor, go for the sebago's. I think I'll be kopping a pair at some point.

Do you know of any sites that stock it? I've only found the Sebago site which stocks it at full retail and some eBay stockists. I'm trying to look for a place that I can maybe take advantage of a sale sometime.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
X6DUz.jpg

I really, really like this. For $110 it doesn't look to be bad either... I've been digging a lot of the whole nautical thing lately (though I can never really get into the boat shoe craze, but these boot things I'm really attracted to) especially with Rogues Gallery stuff.

RG had a really sweet one made by Quoddy but the cheapest I can find those are around $400.

27948_1.jpg

Which really looks better? I'm leaning towards Sebago right now just because of the price. Or if anyone knows any other alternatives that would be cool too!

I don't understand why it's so difficult for them to put it out in non-distressed leather, or for Sperry's to do the same. All we see is the same regurgitation of boat shoes from every brand possible yet the only "boat boots" I've seen are Rogues Gallery (too expensive, only black available now), these, and Quoddy (who make Rogues Gallery...). On a side note, I think Quoddy can custom make boat boots and I think the price is around $250, worth checking out if you are inbetween those and Rogues Gallery.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
I don't understand why it's so difficult for them to put it out in non-distressed leather, or for Sperry's to do the same. All we see is the same regurgitation of boat shoes from every brand possible yet the only "boat boots" I've seen are Rogues Gallery (too expensive, only black available now), these, and Quoddy (who make Rogues Gallery...). On a side note, I think Quoddy can custom make boat boots and I think the price is around $250, worth checking out if you are inbetween those and Rogues Gallery.
Sebago has one in brown that isn't pre-distressed. The pre-distressing on the Sebagos was a turn off for me, but I've been told that when handling in person the distressing isn't as "in your face" as the photos. I'll definitely look into custom Quoddy boat boots, sounds like a great deal. EDIT: I looked into the Quoddy deck boots, and they look pretty nice. Essentially looks like the Sebagos (without pre-distressing) and is $299, but you can have them custom make sizes and widths and whatnot. I'm going to assume that the quality is better with Quoddy since...it's Quoddy. I might try to find a place B&M that stocks the Sebago Lighthouses to see how the distressing is really like, I'll try to take some pictures too. Here are the Quoddy ones:
DeckBoot.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads