Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. whistler

whistler Well-Known Member

This Herringbone jacket is on sale at their outlet store for A$200. 60% cotton 30% linen. I think it's the jacket Phat Guido was sprucing a while back.... The first pic is size 40... fits around the waist and shoulders, but the arms are too short. Does it look too small? Second pic is size 42.... a little big around the wait but fits better on the arms. Third pic is detail of size 40. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

Honestly, I'd have to say that the jacket hits your hips wrong length-wise - makes you look very wide, which it doesn't seem like you really are.

3. Helix

Helix Senior member

Red Wing Wabasha Chukka

Not decided between the reddish leather or the tan suede. Also not really sure about sizing on them.

Alternatives are Clarks DB in wolf suede (if i can find them in my size [​IMG] ) or these sperrys

So to buy or not?

4. Lachy

Lachy Senior member

This Herringbone jacket is on sale at their outlet store for A$200. 60% cotton 30% linen. I think it's the jacket Phat Guido was sprucing a while back....

The first pic is size 40... fits around the waist and shoulders, but the arms are too short. Does it look too small?
    Second pic is size 42.... a little big around the wait but fits better on the arms.
    Third pic is detail of size 40.

http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/g...IMG_0149-1.jpg http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/g...IMG_0152-1.jpg http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/g...IMG_0150-1.jpg

Get the 42 for the length, and take it to a tailor for adjustments to fit the waist and shoulders.

5. erbs

erbs Senior member

Should I get a Belstaff Trialmaster or a Barbour International?

I like the look of the Belstaff better right out of the box, but the Barbour could look as good with some wear. Also, the Belstaff is like $250 more expensive, and I've heard quality has been slipping since they were sold to the Italians. Thoughts?

6. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

Red Wing Wabasha Chukka

Not decided between the reddish leather or the tan suede. Also not really sure about sizing on them.

Alternatives are Clarks DB in wolf suede (if i can find them in my size [​IMG] ) or these sperrys

So to buy or not?

Go with the Clarks. I've tried a couple boat shoe/chukka hybrids and they've all been a little awkward. If you want boat boots, go for something taller like Sebago Lighthoues or those RG x Quoddy boots.

7. Y The Last Man

Y The Last Man New Member

Should I drop $750 CDN + taxes for a Paul Smith COTTON suit? It fits perfectly but I'm worried givren the fact that it's cotton.

8. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

Should I drop $750 CDN + taxes for a Paul Smith COTTON suit? It fits perfectly but I'm worried givren the fact that it's cotton.

Pictures? What's the construction like? I'm assuming you already have a nice wool suit or two for fall/winter. If that's the case and it's canvassed ( or even half canvassed) and fits you well, go for it.

9. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Plain 7 For All Mankind navy poplin shirt from Gilt...$58

Should I buy?

http://www.gilt.com/s/sevenspring/product/14151073

I saw this shirt too and was gonna ask here. I know 7FAM doesn't have a great rep around here but that shirt looks pretty nice. I have some 7 shorts and they are fine construction-wise.

10. Y The Last Man

Y The Last Man New Member

Pictures? What's the construction like? I'm assuming you already have a nice wool suit or two for fall/winter. If that's the case and it's canvassed ( or even half canvassed) and fits you well, go for it.

Couldn't get pics because Holt has no mirrors not in plain sight :p It's reduced from 1400 and the constructions is excellent. It would be my first suit though, which is why I hesitated on it. Can you really not wear cotton in the fall?

11. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

I'd probably go for something like a wool Hickey (they were on Gilt for $400-500 today) for my first suit, but if you don't need to wear it to work all through the winter, just get it. It'll make you happy.

12. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

Red Wing Wabasha Chukka

So to buy or not?

Get the RW´s, looks great, and are sure to be much better quality than Clarks. However, they are quite different styles...

13. erbs

erbs Senior member

Should I get a Belstaff Trialmaster or a Barbour International? I like the look of the Belstaff better right out of the box, but the Barbour could look as good with some wear. Also, the Belstaff is like $250 more expensive, and I've heard quality has been slipping since they were sold to the Italians. Thoughts?
    Anyone?

14. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

[​IMG]

I really, really like this. For $110 it doesn't look to be bad either... I've been digging a lot of the whole nautical thing lately (though I can never really get into the boat shoe craze, but these boot things I'm really attracted to) especially with Rogues Gallery stuff.

RG had a really sweet one made by Quoddy but the cheapest I can find those are around $400.

[​IMG]

Which really looks better? I'm leaning towards Sebago right now just because of the price. Or if anyone knows any other alternatives that would be cool too!

15. newinny

newinny Senior member

I picked these up on Yoox but have never owned a pair of Dior jeans before. I'm a little hesitant that they may look like acid washed jeans. Anybody know what type these are? yoox