• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i wish i had two grand of cash laying around to get those cdiem boots in the layers archive

Layers is sort of awkward. Maybe it's because they looked at me and thought I was an idiot for being in their store

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Layers is sort of awkward. Maybe it's because they looked at me and thought I was an idiot for being in their store

damn that sucks, Atelier has a great atmosphere and staff, and I've never been treated differently . Nor have I ever seen a random dude be treated badly, even the rick boutique humors idiots who come in and complain about prices. In fact the first time I entered Atelier, it was with a bunch of american apparel and all saints stuff. The same SA that attends me now was super friendly to me that first time.

Last edited:

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lols at the people who wander into rick stores and complain about the prices-- when I worked as an SA for the Barneys Outlet, I'd still get people asking aloud why the garments cost what they did, and this was just the outlet. Can't imagine the sorts of heart attacks the rick shoppers were having.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well, I was trying on a jacket once, and a guy said he could make me the same jacket for $100 while an SA was attending me. I've also seen people walk in with lacoste and ****, get attended the same way anyone else would. A couple people I think dunno what the **** they are getting into and just walk in, lol.

Last edited:

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yah, but when I've gone into barneys I don't spend my time bashing balmain stuff, even though half the time i'm dying inside at how bad that **** is.

Last edited:

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Think, though, if you weren't into clothes and hadn't really been in a nicer store than Macy's, which is 95% of the US population. The most expensive jacket you've ever seen is $200 and then all of a sudden the **** on the racks is like $4k. I think that's what happens a lot of the time, people kinda wander in and freak out.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yay or nay

Last edited:

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

damn that sucks, Atelier has a great atmosphere and staff, and I've never been treated differently . Nor have I ever seen a random dude be treated badly, even the rick boutique humors idiots who come in and complain about prices. In fact the first time I entered Atelier, it was with a bunch of american apparel and all saints stuff. The same SA that attends me now was super friendly to me that first time.

I've gotten some snotty attitude from SAs (sorry I didn't dress up to stroll into your store, jackass), but the staff at Atelier has always been great when I've gone in.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
area where ive been single'd out and treated differently were ****** ass hipster stores. One example being when I went to urban outfitters in georgetown all rick'd out, I was lookin for a cheap beanie to buy and some **** gave me attitude when I asked for help cuz I was looking for beanies without freakin pom poms.

I'm so puzzled as to why everytime I enter allsaints the mens hats have this bullshit, but the womens ones are rick derivatives without them.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads