1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Distinguished Member

I thought they looked like futuristic german army trainers...I need white low tops and well...they're Jil Sander. [​IMG] I'll try to do better next time.

Jil's is mad uggz.

If you want designer kicks check Oki Ni. The Margiela and Christian Peau selection is dope. If the price gives you pause PM me.

2. jet

jet Persian Bro

You don't like Raf or Jil. Give me a good reason man.

I have tons of jil and raf my voice is the only one you should listen to.

Besides I didn't even have to click the link to tell you no. Do not buy jil sneaks ever.

3. constant struggle

constant struggle Distinguished Member

http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?tskay=3...d10=36141344MC
    in grey? I am in desperate need for a new pair of grey pants for work... and don't want 'chinos'... anything i can get better for $85 shipped? and I mean right now, not if I have to wait for x to go on sale or x to pop up on the for sale threads

4. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Distinguished Member

"desperate need" haha

I like the cut of tat trousers (that or the obvious answer of incotex).

5. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

cs- those look solid for $80. TaT trousers are kinda pricey. I'd just get those if you need work pants.

6. BrooklynHighpost

BrooklynHighpost Senior Member

Really want to break out of the boat shoe thing this summer. Was thinking about some dirty bucks, but I'm still unsure. I want to wear them with shorts, but I'm not sure how that will look. And even with chinos, they might still look a bit too trad/old manish. If I did buy any, it would be one of these two pairs, from Johnson & Murphy or O'Connell's, respectively. What do you guys think?

Among these two, I would go with JM. But LLBean also has the same style bucks, its like 75 or something. Looks exactly like these two.

7. wmmk

wmmk Distinguished Member

RRL officer chinos? They're really nice and fit me well, but I feel uneasy about the idea of $185 chinos (I can get them for $150, but still...). Then again, I have an RL store credit, so it's either these or more Rugby buttondowns and maybe a patchwork madras popover.
    [​IMG]

8. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

I'd rather have the chinos you're really happy with rather than a couple button downs you're only luke warm about

9. GoSurface

GoSurface Distinguished Member

^Alex, get on aim.

10. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Distinguished Member

cs- those look solid for $80. TaT trousers are kinda pricey. I'd just get those if you need work pants.

I'd say $150 for mtm trousers with a great trim cut in a nice fabric of your choosing is a good deal.

11. JaPo

JaPo Senior Member

RRL officer chinos? They're really nice and fit me well, but I feel uneasy about the idea of $185 chinos (I can get them for $150, but still...). Then again, I have an RL store credit, so it's either these or more Rugby buttondowns and maybe a patchwork madras popover.
    [​IMG]

You try on a lot of clothes, don't you, Bruno?

They actually appear to fit pretty well considering your slight build. Yes, one-fiddy gs is no small price to pay. But if you think they'll be of significant benefit to your wardrobe, jump in. Don't think of buying a patchwork madras popover, I repeat: DON'T THINK OF BUYING A PATCHWORK MADRAS POPOVER.

Unless, of course...
    [​IMG]

How tall are you, Derek? I noticed you have preety large flippers.

12. chrispy179

chrispy179 Senior Member

[​IMG]

Your dressing room fits always look better than your WAYWTs. Those chinos look great and the shirt is cool too. What is it?

13. Razele

Razele Distinguished Member

Thinking of getting the W+H SS09 Bomber jacket in black.

I like the black and it looks good when its abit faded. I've heard the quality is good.

Any advices?

Thanks!

14. ShimonEzra

ShimonEzra Well-Known Member

[​IMG] What do you guys think of this shirt?

15. chrispy179

chrispy179 Senior Member

Looks fine. What is it?