• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
KingJ they dont have half-sizes I am guessing you are 43 use same size as CP the rubber soles are fine for rain or light snow but not really great on ice. i have them in a waxed reverse leather and the sole isn't rubber, but another pair has rubber...hmm. Fine with denim too but if you can get them on discount that would be better

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
KingJ they dont have half-sizes I am guessing you are 43 use same size as CP the rubber soles are fine for rain or light snow but not really great on ice. i have them in a waxed reverse leather and the sole isn't rubber, but another pair has rubber...hmm. Fine with denim too but if you can get them on discount that would be better

Hmm. Yeah I don't so much care about not slipping as about my shoes not getting fucked up. I was going to pick them up during the Barney's sale... you seem to think I could do better for the money?

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
for 400+ yes but they often go down to 200 range which is not bad

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
f+b are a great deal especially come sale time. I believe I picked mine up for about 250.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Canada Goose Chilliwack

kinda need a more serious winter coat. I know Canadians will say these are too common, but I don't live in Canada and have never seen anyone wearing one IRL

Also, anything else similar to consider? There are a few parajumpers and Moncler jackets I like also, but unfortunately those are at least 2x the price

UltimateSwag

Reaction score

Pretty sure I tried that one on in person, TTS (and a little roomy at that). Quality felt really good in person, pretty sure it's harris tweed (but I tried the brown one, so IDK for sure)

i tried it on at a barney's co-op....put on a medium and it was warm and snug....next paycheck i'm gonna pull the trigger

captainkim

Reaction score
1251_1.jpg

blah if this doesn't sell by thursday sooo tempted to purchase. It has detachable sleeves with hidden zippers, and it's not leather; it's from a black denim I think, which is a nice touch since if it was leather it would be probably unwearable throughout the entire year since it's already hot where I live.

Someone tell me why it's bad or please purchase this to put me out of my misery

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^didn't see the distressing before Unc pointed out, I need to get a pair of glasses.. but yeah now I see the distressing its bleh

bwahahahaha

Reaction score

f+b are a great deal especially come sale time. I believe I picked mine up for about 250.

Yep, picked mine up for $179 last season. Just wait until sale time, then call around to see if any Barney's have them left in your size.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Canada Goose Chilliwack
kinda need a more serious winter coat. I know Canadians will say these are too common, but I don't live in Canada and have never seen anyone wearing one IRL
Also, anything else similar to consider? There are a few parajumpers and Moncler jackets I like also, but unfortunately those are at least 2x the price

Get the Yorkville and you'll have a detachable hood.

_yoo

Reaction score

back again. to be worn with white jeans, black jeans, black wool pants? might even pair them with lanvin nylon pants :devil:

too trendy or what? silhouette is awesome tho..

hmm i think like the dries derbies you posted better, not sure how well these would gel with the rest of your wardrobe from what I've seen...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads