• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

it's got lapels and it's trying to be a blazer.

:satisfied: That's why I like it. I need to say, Should I pay full price for the Lanvin knit blazer then?

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
good lord one of my most shameless posts. and i intend to make this work somehow, but not sure how yet. i am running full speed toward the absurd
(blurred out slippers so you're not distracted by the awzum down there)
pants:
gEXpn.jpg

t2bUu.jpg
JNGGQ.jpg

nvcht.jpg

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

shah, get it tailored to like half that drop...

lol i'll return it before letting someone do a botch job. kot damn its really exaggerated though huh

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Andrew, there are nicer looking lanvin cardigans. Or ones from other brands that don´t cost that much.

Here, go crazy, cardignas for all tastes and, pretty much, all prices: http://www.mrporter.com/Shop/Clothing/Knitwear/Cardigans

Special mentions for the burberry prorsum one (similar price to the one you want), the double breasted lanvin, the asymmetric shawl collar one by Alexander Mcqueen (180 bucks more expensive, but hey, you are already thinking of paying 900 on one, so why not pay a bit more), the camel brown from MMM (really stylish and almost US$300 cheaper) and last, but not least, another MMM, this one with a double trim (also cheaper than the lanvin you so desire).
I myself, am on the search for a great DB blazer, suit jacket or whatever, as long as it´s DB.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads