• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just bought this in gray. UW is kinda like the poor man's EG or WWW. Probably should have waited for markdowns but whatever - I like the details.

I agree, poor mans EG. I got the cord jacket and like it quite a bit, but the buttoning stance is so high! How does it work out for you?

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Yea or nay?
Can't get to eBay right now, but if they're the one-wash slim boot cut, they're decent jeans. Just bear in mind that the rise is pretty low and the upper leg is pretty slim. Also, the waist is somewhat vanity sized, and the extent to which it's vanity sized varies from season to season (more so in earlier seasons, less so in more recent seasons, IIRC).

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
are the jeans brown?

id pass, go with a washed blue or something. either way bootcut is bad

Astronaut888

Reaction score

Shoemart irregular / color 8, commando sole.

Good price in my size.

Never had Shell on a shoe/boot.

I am kind of rough w/ my shoes, and these will not get pampered. Not working outside or anything, just don't take tons of time w/ my shoes.

Can get these at $399.

Seems a nice price.

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cordovan ages really nicely. just wipe them off when you come home, let them dry naturally and you will be just fine. i give mine a brushing every once in a while and wipe them with a soft dry cloth. they don't require pampering, they are built to last.

ramp

Reaction score

are the jeans brown?

id pass, go with a washed blue or something. either way bootcut is bad

They're barely a bootcut though. Almost look like a straight leg.

Personally, not a fan of the color, but the cut looks fine.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Yeah, it's almost more like it's a straight-leg cut, but they take it in around the knee to give it a bootcut appearance.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with premium Converse? Worth the cost (more than double a regular canvas pair)?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
those are cheap on the converse site. bro has them, they aight

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Red wing postman oxfords. Better alternatives with a wedge sole are appreciated.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads