• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I hate patch pockets.

runningfrog

Reaction score

I hate patch pockets.
yeah, i'm not a fan of the patch pockets either. i'm wondering if they can be removed without making it too obvious. i'm also on the lookout for a version in the same material with **** pockets.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

Ann Demeulemeester coat.

Financially crushing at full retail. Still on the fence, I'm afraid if I email for measurements I'm gonna pull the trigger. Does anyone have experience with Ann D outerwear?

yes, and it's glorious :satisfied:
but "finance crushing" of the self is not something i'd get involved in lol

Last edited:

runningfrog

Reaction score

yes, and it's glorious :satisfied:
but "finance crushing" of the self is not something i'd get involved in lol

lol! well, i wouldn't necessarily need a bailout, but i've never dropped more than $1k on a coat. it's also hard to imagine wearing it anytime soon as it was 90deg here yesterday.

that said, one detail i really like is the double slits for all the buttons. it looks like you could close it up tighter if you're not layering much underneath.

here's one with side **** pockets, but it costs $300 more and the color/material doesn't look as nice.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you making bank go ahead. If you may have to tighten reins a bit afterwards then I would hold onto my money. Christmas and thanksgiving coming up too.

rsharp00

Reaction score

I'm new to SF, but would anybody mind telling me if you think this jacket is a good buy for $79. Wool body with leather sleeves. It's used but's in good shape.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Think of the joy that will fill them seeing their begetter steezing out of control, what gift could equal that?

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you think it's one of those things you're going to regret in the future if you don't cop (grail), then grab it if you have the means. The fabrics that Ann uses are wonderful.

Adamh4218

Reaction score
Need help identifying this Rick owens SS10 leather jacket:

d8d118f9_IMG_5988.jpeg

4388faf6_IMG_5989.jpeg

it's calf leather...

Should i kop?

aether

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
there is nothing wrong with patch pockets...

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
I think it depends on context. I like patch pockets on some casual blazers, and they make sense on some types of jackets. On that coat, they look like they add unnecessary bulk to the hip area. Unless you're into that. :smarmy:

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think it depends on context. I like patch pockets on some casual blazers, and they make sense on some types of jackets. On that coat, they look like they add unnecessary bulk to the hip area. Unless you're into that. :smarmy:

Sup colabear

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads