• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Looks like I'd have to size down one, since the model's my size in an M, and the shoulders look off in the photo.

It's FCUK, and I have about zero experience with the brand.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Eh, Gilt credits to burn. Apparently they won't refund you money that you've spent as Gilt credits, they just give you your Gilt credits back.

I take it that's a no? Seriously, I've never owned anything by French Connection or FCUK.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
french connection is kind of like club monaco sometimes slightly worse or slightly better quality but usually worse (more bland/diluted/confused) design. I had a zip sweater a long time ago that was a size medium and was super slim and fit me when I was a true small. that shirts looks like its supposed to be worn more relaxed though. don't really see the appeal though looks like the kinda thing you could thrift pretty easily. yeah having gilt credits just sitting sucks, I would just wait for something good to pop up unless you really want an ugly hawaiian shirt with wood buttons or whatever.

Last edited:

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
The wooden buttons were part of the appeal, actually. I was contemplating it for a wedding Labor Day weekend. Looking at it again, the stitching is kind of awful, and it can't decide whether it's supposed to be a work shirt (chambray fabric, triple-stitching, dual front pockets w/ pen slot in left pocket) or a floral shirt.

aether

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The only danger here is that you buy the gear and end up bedazzling everything you own.

just exercise discretion and you'll be OK. otherwise you'll probably end up looking more XxX than bedazzled...heh

DarkSpiral

Reaction score
[/URL]

ToledoStyle

Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm about to make an order on Jcrew and I need some advice... Should I pick these boots up? Please help with some advice. I like them and think they're interesting I just am not sure how I would rock them or if they look good enough to wear out.

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/casualbootschukkas/PRDOVR~30502/30502.jsp

Going to def buy these tho.

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/ruggedboots/PRDOVR~88346/88346.jsp

Please give me some advice I'm stuck on this one and am trying to order tonight. Thank you!

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a lot of people in my highschool i went to wore fcuk. it was equivalent to say abercrombie and bench. brands that a teenager would find impressive.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm about to make an order on Jcrew and I need some advice... Should I pick these boots up? Please help with some advice. I like them and think they're interesting I just am not sure how I would rock them or if they look good enough to wear out.

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/casualbootschukkas/PRDOVR~30502/30502.jsp

Going to def buy these tho.

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/ruggedboots/PRDOVR~88346/88346.jsp

Please give me some advice I'm stuck on this one and am trying to order tonight. Thank you![/
quote]

Do not buy either of these boots, you will regret it.

Naro

Reaction score
Any thoughts on these? I'm having a hard time finding black jeans that I can afford, but I'm not sure about the stitching.
6e9rSl.jpg

Q6p9Nl.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads