Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

The LunarGlides 3 is probably Nikes best and most well thought out running shoes right now. It help with mild over and under pronation. It's a stability shoe and I think it's best if you run longer distances since it's more cushioned. But I still recommend this if you're concerned about overpronation.

On the other hand, the Free Run 2s probably more versatile. It's a barefoot shoe so it's better for training.

Runners tend to hate on Nike because they tend to throw add-ons that people feel are simply gimmicks, however the flywire and lunarlon actually works and feels great. I believe Nike is really on the come up in the running department and some people are changing their minds. The Pegasus 28 is in it's best edition right now and are becoming people's favorite neutral marathon shoes, the Free Run are just amazing for daily wear and the LunarGlides does it's job very well, cushioning, stability and lockdown feel.

2. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Rad, thanks for the input. I just looked up a review of the Lunarglide +3, and I think I'll wait around for those (fingers crossed on Shoebacca stocking them sometime in the next month before my Groupon or whatever expires).

3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Watch this vid of how LG3 works:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  4. snake

snake Senior member

Get some vibram five fingers!:D

5. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

the less "support" the better but like i said that lunar technology is really comfortable in the indoor shoes i have

6. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

A friend of mine ran the Marine Corps marathon in a pair of those last year.

She tried to the year before, too, but she transitioned too quickly from normal shoes during training and developed a stress fracture in her foot a month or two before the race.

7. ToledoStyle

ToledoStyle Senior member

As far as running shoes goes I never liked Nike personally. I have always stood by my Asics I feel like I get the best bang for my buck there. Personal opinion... and I love to run in rain as well and they always stood up great for me.

8. Groves

Groves Senior member

Pretty much, except the Free Run 2s are a 5, not barefoot. And I wouldn't use them for training, they don't offer the lateral stability you'd need when training/lifting that the training Frees provide (Free TR/TR 2, for example).

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Yeah technically the FR2 is more in between a traditional running shoes and barefoot but it gives a pretty close feeling and it is supposed to strengthen your feet.

I've used the FR2s with P90X and Insanity and it was just perfect and just the best shoes I've worn in those workouts. Lifting, I haven't used but I really do nit see much problem using it at all, if I were to pick between the FR2 or the LG3, I'd go with the FR2 w/o hesitation.

10. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

sorry for re-post. but is this grenson (kirk) too elongated? love the tan suede though

[​IMG]

11. sipang

sipang Senior member

The toe is really long, I wouldn't do it if you're over US8. For reference, I'm pretty sure driveslowk wears those (in black or brown leather) in a couple of his waywts.

12. SPK

SPK Senior member

[​IMG]
    cosmic wonder

13. Desi

Desi Senior member

buy it and don't look back.

14. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

15. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

[​IMG]