Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. filcol

filcol Senior member

Here are better images now.

[​IMG]
    Which one do you think I should take?
    Painteds are ~250$
    the others ~240$

And do these also go with dark jeans? I always see fits with strong blue jeans, I only wear dark blue and black.

greets

2. Alfa159

Alfa159 Senior member

TOJ Harrington in black (not suede)

3. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

50% off at ¥30,000

my girlfriend says they look like garbageman boots haha. i wouldn't roll the top down like this though.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  4. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Wouldn't the tops basically roll down like that on their own? It doesn't look like they zip all the way up.

And don't you already have boots like that, but nicer? I'm not seeing the attraction here, other than the discount.

5. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

what are garbageman boots?

6. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

You can tie them up using the leather laces, and it looks like they would hold well enough on their own. And my boots aren't really "nicer" than those.

[​IMG]

Hmm I thought garbagemen wore wrinkly rubber boots for some reason ...!

7. notwithit

Got it. Makes sense.

That's kinda what I would expect as well. I probably wouldn't want to wear leather back-zips with laces if I was picking up trash all day. Particularly if retail was what, like $760?

8. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Uncontrol those garbage men boots are awesome. I like them much better than the other pair (I know, very descriptive) that you have. I don't like saying this but I'm unsure of how else to say it, but the other boots look feminine on you and I was never a fan. I am on Team Hold Out For Jil Cubans though.

9. Erenoth

Erenoth Senior member

I'll try to keep this as brief as possible-

I've dropped 27lbs in the past two months, and the "upper block" portion of my lower side has significantly slimmed down in that time. I'm still in the process of shedding excess fat, so I'd rather not invest much into another pair of jeans that's going to be replaced within another month or so. The raw 511's I picked up before deciding to get fit fit extremely baggy, and can't be held up without a canvas belt. This presents a problem, and I'm not digging the poofed-out ass/thighs look that I'm currently donning as a result of the weight loss. Even though the 511's fit awfully, I'm budget-conscious at the moment, and would rather not drop $200+ on a pair of anything nice until I'm at a BMI I'm comfortable with. Anywho, as I've already decided on N&F Japan Heritage WG's for my first pair of good, reputable raw jeans, would it be wise for me to grab a pair of Unbranded's for $50 on sale? There's extremely mixed/biased opinions on Unbranded in general, but I'd like something halfway decent to wear for the time being. Thoughts?

tl;dr - losing weight, jeans fit like shit. buy another cheapo pair that fits for the time being?

Chris

10. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Or you could just comb the FS forum for a nice pair that has high resale value. If you can get a used, but not faded pair of Somets or Flatheads for $150 or so, you could just sell them back for $125 easily in a month or two if you continue to lose weight.

11. bwahahahaha

bwahahahaha Senior member

Uncontrol, I actually like the boots. I think you could get a lot of use out of them. What I don't like as much is the current value of the yen... I was going to buy some Viridi Anne myself and decided to put off the purchase because of the exchange rate.

And, CP achilles low in silver? Found them for a steal of price, but having trouble figuring out what to wear with silver sneakers.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  12. Fenderman

Fenderman Senior member

Stephan Schneider
    [​IMG][​IMG]

APC
    [​IMG]

What do you think?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  13. sipang

sipang Senior member

Personally not a fan of the toggles on the Schneider. APC shoes are ok on sale I suppose (only shoes I've ever bought from them were derbies though, the rest seems pretty generic/better done elsewhere).

14. notwithit

If you know you're at an interim stage, buy the Unbranded jeans, and maybe buy a size smaller than you normally would. I find that wearing tighter clothing makes it easier to lose weight, and you'll get more mileage out of them if you don't get them at quite your current waist size. You should still be able to button them, obviously.

Selling on B&S is a hassle, and I wouldn't recommend buying with the intent to resell.
    Those sound way too difficult to wear. If you're gonna get 'em, I say have a plan for how to wear them first.

15. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

If you get a slim cut, you can still wear them relaxed even if they don't fit the same as when you bought them. My KMWs were 30's (I'm a 28, at the time I thought I was a 30 and that the 1980s were mad skinny, oh what youthful innocence) and stretched out, but I still wear them as a relaxed slim-straight sitting on my hips