Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

[​IMG] buy mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they are nice though.

2. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

What does SF think of McNairy? Do bucks work with slimmer jeans and shorts?

Played out shoes. Skip them.

3. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

My philosophy too.

If you're buying something you kind of like but it caught your eye b/c it was discounted ($49, retail was $199!!!!!), you're still paying money. You're not saving $150 (common misconception, because you would never bought it at $199), you're losing $49.

Same thing with higher priced items. People don't realize that small purchases add up. Two OK $200 shoes is perfectly acceptable, but one $400 shoe is "OMG you're crazy!!!".

I've been much happier with my smaller, more expensive (per item) wardrobe than my bigger one that costs the same.

Meh, I stand by my statement that it's worthwhile taking a chance every now and again with something if you have reason to expect it to be good, even if it's not on your must-buy list.

This doesn't mean that you should buy seven H&M shirts just because you can get them for $50, but it might be worth picking up an SNS Herning knit on sale even if it's not a personal grail item.

4. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

5. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

i haven't seen those cps irl but i think it's not unlikely they are darker irl than in those photos ,
    here's the official pic from CP
    [​IMG]

IME ssense stock photos tend to lighten things
    i almost thought this junya cardi:

[​IMG]

was white based on ssense's stock photos:

[​IMG]

also i saw this bag irl and it's a lot darker than ssense's pics make it seem

6. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

Meh, I stand by my statement that it's worthwhile taking a chance every now and again with something if you have reason to expect it to be good, even if it's not on your must-buy list.

This doesn't mean that you should buy seven H&M shirts just because you can get them for $50, but it might be worth picking up an SNS Herning knit on sale even if it's not a personal grail item.

I'm hooked on sale shopping. For me half the fun is the hunt (this generally means searching in real life, by the way). I picked up a PS floral not long ago because I thought it was dope but also because it was cheap. It wasn't the type of thing I'd normally buy, and at full retail I never would have kopped, but for the price I figured I'd take a risk. It's turned out to be one of my favorite shirts.

7. notwithit

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I picked up a couple of Geller Seconds tanks, and I really like one of them (the other is probably going back because it's a little on the translucent side). I wouldn't have bought them if they hadn't been on sale, but I'm really glad I did and I'll probably get a good amount of use out of the one I'm keeping.

8. stevent

stevent Senior member

9. notwithit

I kinda like the color. Standard questions: - Do they fit you well? - Would they occupy a unique place in your wardrobe (or replace something of lower quality or that you don't like as much)? - Do you think they'd see a decent amount of wear? - Does the purchase prevent you from buying something you really want? - Did you buy them because you want them, or did you buy them because they're on sale?

10. stevent

stevent Senior member

I kinda like the color. Standard questions: - Do they fit you well? - Would they occupy a unique place in your wardrobe (or replace something of lower quality or that you don't like as much)? - Do you think they'd see a decent amount of wear? - Does the purchase prevent you from buying something you really want? - Did you buy them because you want them, or did you buy them because they're on sale?
    -Well 34 NS raw fit me perfect did not try this specific pair on as I had to get back to work. I don't size down much for the raw ones though. -It would be unique I normally stick to as dark blue as possible -Yeah I felt the color was very nice for the summer / weekend wear -What I really wanted was not in store (Saint James sweater) so no -At $79 the price was good, probably would have spent up to $100. Would not have looked at it if it was not on sale but liked what I saw, so kinda want them. So still split I guess? What colors go well with this style of blue?

11. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

12. jet

jet Persian Bro

The tan cps look like that, they were on tbs blog awhile back and the color looked the same.

13. ghostdog123

ghostdog123 Senior member

[​IMG]

to be worn with drkshdw and casually in taiwan where it rains 50% of the time (making a leather undesirable)

its a cotton/polyester blend mmm 5-zip.. it also fits perfectly. make my decision for me.

14. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Silent

[​IMG]

Anyone have these or know more about the quality? Are they just a great-looking fashion boot that is going to come apart after a few months? Will the suede still look good if they get beat up a bit? (thinking more about the black suede version actually)

15. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

[​IMG]

to be worn with drkshdw and casually in taiwan where it rains 50% of the time (making a leather undesirable)

its a cotton/polyester blend mmm 5-zip.. it also fits perfectly. make my decision for me.

yes.