Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

2. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Hmm...on the one hand, I'd say it's pretty incongruent with most of my recent purchases, but I wouldn't say I'm necessarily honing my wardrobe down to a single, focused aesthetic.

Right now, for example, I'm wearing the same jeans I wear every goddamn day, but I'm wearing a J Crew chambray, leather Chucks, and an AA cardigan (I'm not working from home today, and it's cold in my office).

Re: the BoO, however, think I was just drawn to getting a "good" price for a "nice" shirt. The pattern is sub-optimal, and the ridiculous variation in hem lengths on BoO shirts is just obnoxious.

I think I'll allocate the funds toward this instead:

[​IMG]

3. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

BoO, $100

I'm 85% sure I'm an L

[​IMG]

You'd look like you're trying to give someone a seizure.

4. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

looking for some shorts that taper at the knee. id wear them both with painted mmm and button up/tee. do they fit the bill? those dvn's wouldve been perfect bc they didnt flare like the gellers still, im on the fence about the gellers? :/ Attachment 66755 or these viridi-anne cropped sweats. im not sure if these will just look like capris on me ahh[​IMG] Attachment 66756 Attachment 66757 Attachment 66758
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

You'd look like you're trying to give someone a seizure.

With the shirt, right, and not the phone?

6. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Dude that shirt is ugly. Don't get it just cause it's a $100 band

7. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

[​IMG]

I cant decide if this shirt is cool or not..
    what yall think ?

On you? YES. On 99% of the population? NO.

As long as you don't fuckin' Salean that beard.

8. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

snowman if you can find those dries pants, get them in medium or large - i dunno how snake squeezes into those small ones. im tiny and they fit like a leotard. if you're interested in a pair of those geller shorts you can buy one of mine if you like :p - pm me if you want

9. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

[​IMG] someone talk me out of these

10. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

11. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

[​IMG]

someone talk me out of these

Those are ugly.

12. BB1

BB1 Senior member

BoO, $100 I'm 85% sure I'm an L [​IMG]
    I really hate how BoO shirts have a deeply curved hem that comes up massively high on the sides. Reminds me of a bib! I sold all of mine about a year ago since I never wore any of them. They always looked too long from the front and too short from the sides. Also imagine what that shirt would look like with the tie removed. The black tie helps to break up the loudness of the stripes. But with it gone you'll have an even greater expanse of loud stripes ready to swallow you up. The only good way to make that thing work is by layering it under a sweater or cardigan, and even then it's gonna be questionable. Famous brand + sale price = mistake

13. Razele

Razele Senior member

BB1 thats the worst rule ever

14. BB1

BB1 Senior member

or these viridi-anne cropped sweats. im not sure if these will just look like capris on me ahh[​IMG]
    Attachment 66756
    Attachment 66757
    Attachment 66758

I kinda like these. They're very similar to a pair of junhashimoto cropped pants I almost bought. But whenever I see a fit pic on the forum of this type of thing, I always ask myself if full length would have looked better. And the answer is nearly always "yes". Thus my hesitation.

15. BB1

BB1 Senior member

BB1 thats the worst rule ever
    It's not meant to be an absolute rule. But I have found it is true more often than not. It is far better to find the few pieces you love and pay the prevailing price, as opposed to searching for bargains so you can continually add more pieces to your wardrobe. The later being the same phenomena which drives Costco or GILT shoppers-- sacrificing selection for the allure of "high quality" brands at cheap prices. The biggest issue with cheap prices is how it causes your standards of quality to be lowered. For example, if a BoO shirt is available for only $20 you may be tempted to buy an ugly shirt since it is not a major purchase. But if the shirt was $300 you'd likely insist that it was something you love. You can claim you're immune to this, but somehow I doubt it. And in the case at hand, notwithit appears to have lowered his standards because of the cheap BoO price. I'm not suggesting one ignore all sales. But before buying a deeply discounted item, ask yourself if you'd be willing to pay full price for it. If you're answer is still "yes", then by all means buy it.