Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

ok, this is kind of a in the future should I/shouldn't I buy, but for the sake of mental masturbation, I figured I'll post this. at some point, I want to pick up some new outerwear, as my current "collection" is pretty weak. right now I'm trying to decide between 3 options: toj collared moto in whiskey, toj baseball jacket in sand tan suede, or some true winter outerwear (maybe something cdw depending on sizing, probably something down). pros of the leather: tougher, last longer, most versatile. cons of the leather: expensive, I may be self conscious about wearing it pros of the baseball jacket: fits my intended aesthetic (preppy americana - similar to what tween and scott do.) the best, cheaper than leather jacket cons: can't wear in the rain, probably not that warm, fit pics from people other than drew are honestly disappointing so far. pros of a down jacket: warmest, probably the most practical, can be worn all winter long, during snow storms and the like cons: haven't really seen anything I like, current season stuff will probably be expensive. down might make my slightly chubby build look worse. help me sf.
    Get a ToJ leather, collared moto but in regular brown or black. If you are already self conscious about wearing a leather jacket, I think something more basic/versatile in color is your best choice.
    Get a whisky moto. You won't feel self-confident wearing a leather jacket. If you do, that's not the jacket's fault, nahmsane? gonna have to deal with this shit someday, son, and you might as well be swagged the fuck out. buy a brown or black one cause you're scared and you'll just regret it. The baseball jacket can be a secondary when you're ready. Who fucking cares about some down ass coat when you're in college? You can run back and forth to frat parties in a leather and snuggle up to some girl just as good in your north face puffer as in a fishtail. Stop getting so fucking down on yourself, and buy whichever jacket makes your dick hard. leather Moto jackets make guys look good. baseball jackets make rail-thin japanese guys look good. Also, buy yourself a pair of cheap black jeans and some side-zip boots. jesus fucking christ SF is bad for people. Chin up, little homie, or you'll never make it through sophomore year. SF is here to hold your cock for you.

2. theom-

theom- Senior member

3. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

it'll be funny to read syth's commentary over on sufu supertrash [​IMG]

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I would have suggested the same as Synth but mikes been talking about leather isn't for him and that people might jump out of nowhere and call him Fonzi. [​IMG] I know ToJ is instant swag but with great power comes great responsibilities.

5. chomeo

chomeo Senior member

Painted reverse E. those should age very nicely!

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Okay guys, it's that time again.... [​IMG]

painted reverse calf black
    [​IMG]
    or
    reverse calf brown (I don't have any brown boots)
    [​IMG]

Come on, you know the answer I'm going to say...

Both! [​IMG]

7. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

I think I lol everytime I read a post by synth. I guess it's time to start saving. Thanks sf. For the record, I'm not as down on myself as I was this past winter/spring. Summers been good.

8. afc345

afc345 Senior member

9. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

cool glasses

10. afc345

afc345 Senior member

Was thinking it's between the glasses or a TOJ Moto

11. diederik

diederik Well-Known Member

as a beater pair (Swear) .... super cheap in sale at FarFetch with 70% off (£31.50): Y/N? [​IMG] edit: also available for about £30 more in this color: [​IMG]

12. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

don't bother

13. ghostdog123

ghostdog123 Senior member

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

i need something bad-ass and lightweight that is more than a basic t-shirt

14. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Okay guys, it's that time again.... [​IMG]
    Neither imo. If you don't have brown boots, and we all know you have a decent boot setup, you need brown boots. But not those ones. You can do better.

15. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

[​IMG]
    Any experience w/ Dries Van Noten shoes? Need something like these and I like the color but they're not cheap.

I haven't actually worn them, but I handled this exact pair the other day at Jeffrey in NYC (in fact, they might be on sale there so give them a call). They're really beautiful and will be appropriate with anything in pretty much any situation. I don't think you'll be disappointed. I wanted them myself but won't be buying anything till fall.