Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

augusta or guidi
    Augusta is tough to compare to Guidi for me even if both are SZ-approved brands. It's a higher price point and generally the leather used is of the stiffer/tougher variety (Horse) with stiff treatments. Classic guidi to me uses soft leather (donkey, kangaroo, soft horse, calf) with a very soft finish and slouchy profile. If you are going to get one pair of these type of shoes I'd go augusta will last you for life or until you resell ;p If price is a concern unless you are getting a great deal on augusta (Fear augusta retail) I'd go guidi. I think it's a better value... <3 no middle man for a lot of aspects of leather working. If you are more concerned with style think stiffer vs slouchier. Either way great shoes. I personally want both, but still waiting on good deals on Augusta derbies. I also find CCP derbies for me somewhat interchangeable with Augusta if you are talking about black cordovan derbies with nice thick looking leather. Both have that slightly grotesque/wabi-sabi quality though CCP more so and Augusta seems to have more traditional elements most of the time. Then again of the two I've only handled Augusta derbies in person so I could be totally off base there.

2. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

UO BDG tanks: a) worth buying? and b) what color/s?

3. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

teal or purple. dunno anything else about them tho

4. Desi

Desi Senior member

I prefer the Character Hero and Alternative Apparel selection in store over the house BDG tanks. But out of those I like them all, maybe lean to the purple and green.

5. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

I just realized that they're sold out of the web-only item I wanted to buy [​IMG] so I guess I'll drag myself over to Rittenhouse <shudder> and just pick up whichever looks good in-store.

6. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Senior member

[​IMG]

jacket, y/n ?

7. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

that is made for you

8. afc345

afc345 Senior member

Ya you should kop Lotus

9. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

that is made for you

did you ever consider the yohjis on ln-cc ? looks similar to the dries and also available in black

10. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

should i treat myself to cp achilles lows in white?

i just landed my first job ever so i really want to, but 350 bucks? plus, i JUST bought a new pair of CP sandals for 240 bucks.

something about spending 600 bucks on two pairs of footwear seems messed up (for a kid straight out of undergrad). im really pissed i missed the 50% sale at leather souls.. damn!

11. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

should i treat myself to cp achilles lows in white?

i just landed my first job ever so i really want to, but 350 bucks? plus, i JUST bought a new pair of CP sandals for 240 bucks.

something about spending 600 bucks on two pairs of footwear seems messed up (for a kid straight out of undergrad). im really pissed i missed the 50% sale at leather souls.. damn!

Ssense has CP achilles lows in grey on sale for $255 and the grey looks practically white in the pictures.

12. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

did you ever consider the yohjis on ln-cc ? looks similar to the dries and also available in black

yup, checked them out yesterday when i got the email notice for the sale. medium is a 32.5 tho. plus the dries were way cheaper[​IMG]

13. jslade

jslade Senior member

Didn't know where else to post this, so I guess it can go here. [​IMG]

Does anybody know where I can kop the Stephan Schneider alpaca/wool scarf from last season? Preferably from within the United States.

Honestly, any scarf of comparable quality / length will do. Just looking for a nice scarf that can stand up to some abuse. [​IMG]

Large image warning
    [​IMG]

14. sipang

sipang Senior member

Man, I always forgot how much ppl like schneider scarves. I was swimming in those, should've picked some up.

15. snake

snake Senior member

Out of the half dozen or so members here with that scarf I'm sure you can talk one of us into letting it go.