Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

[​IMG] $259. Harry's of London dress shoes. Or in brown [​IMG] edit: i've never been able to figure out how to link gilt images correctly. anyone know? I'd be wearing these to interviews and possibly work, if formal attire is required. And the suit I have now is black, so I'm leaning towards the black.

2. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

^ delete the end of the url where it begins with a question mark (e.g. '?53_1305928485000')

3. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

^ delete the end of the url where it begins with a question mark (e.g. '?53_1305928485000')

thank you!

4. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

i like the brown pair, but im no expert for the record [​IMG]

5. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

^you're welcome
    i'm no expert either, but iirs mc has this thing against black shoes.. but then, they seem to have an even bigger thing agains black suits...

6. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

^you're welcome
    i'm no expert either, but iirs mc has this thing against black shoes.. but then, they seem to have an even bigger thing agains black suits...

yeah.. but whatever. i decided against the shoes as i still have a decent pair of black shoes. $259 is still a lot of money to me as a recent college grad.

7. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] CP sandals. $241 from ssense. Thoughts? I know CP is high quality, as I have a pair of mid-top sneakers which are quite comfortable, but does anyone know whether these sandals are comfortable? They're a relatively large purchase, and I'd like to wear these for 2-3 years.

8. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

dope. Jerusalem steez. seriously tho, kop

9. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

dope. Jerusalem steez. seriously tho, kop

im a size 11, so i chose 44. do you think that would fit? i forgot the whole sizing issue with cps -- do i need a 45? i vaguely remember someone saying to size up when i bought my cp sneakers, but i dnt remember if they are a size 44 or 45, and theyre locked away in storage right now so i cant check.

10. theom-

theom- Senior member

yeah.. but whatever. i decided against the shoes as i still have a decent pair of black shoes. $259 is still a lot of money to me as a recent college grad.

CP sandals. $241 from ssense. Thoughts?

I know CP is high quality, as I have a pair of mid-top sneakers which are quite comfortable, but does anyone know whether these sandals are comfortable? They're a relatively large purchase, and I'd like to wear these for 2-3 years.

$259 is a lot of money to you yet you are willing to spend $241 on some sandals? Really?
    [​IMG]

11. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

CPs are 1/2 too big so normally people size down. ie I am a 44.5 so I buy size 44, my brother is a 45 and he wears a 44. I would think the sandals would be either tts or a little big, you might be a 43 in those, but I bet the 44 will be fine. (11=44 12=45)

12. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

$259 is a lot of money to you yet you are willing to spend $241 on some sandals? Really?
    [​IMG]

can you not read?

$259 was comparatively expensive because i already have a pair of decent dress shoes.

i do not have any decent sandals.

go pass your judgment somewhere else. thanks!

13. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

CPs are 1/2 too big so normally people size down. ie I am a 44.5 so I buy size 44, my brother is a 45 and he wears a 44. I would think the sandals would be either tts or a little big, you might be a 43 in those, but I bet the 44 will be fine. (11=44 12=45)

thanks! just bought the sandals -- im excited! i havent worn sandals during the summer in 3 years

14. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

just to clear things up, it kinda sounded like I have those sandals but I don't. I was just going off the Achilles sizing

15. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

you should be ok in your true shoe size. i once ordered a pair of doma sandals in my true shoe size and they fit big(and looked big) because i was barefoot(obviously)
    sizing down might be ok as well, not sure. i havent worn sandals in years(besides trying on said doma's)