Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. jet

jet Persian Bro

Leather on ros looks like garbage.

2. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

I personally am a HUGE UC fan, but I can't recommend anyone to buy a single piece from this collection outside of the terry suit. This shit was so fragile I was literally scared to try it on. You've been forewarned, chances are it won't come with tags saying "this garment will fall apart"
    Hah yeah, some of it looked very lightweight and delicate, torn about it because the design of that stuff is awesome. Will probably get one just to see. [​IMG]

3. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

I like what you do so I'll be honest, steer clear of the bottom two, tried all 3 on and definitely first had the best contruction. The slit pockets tear mad easy on tha Ma-1 esque silhouette and the harrington one is AIGHT. but the first is definitely best. You ever consider gyakusou?

4. dmass1

dmass1 Senior member

http://www.tresbienshop.net/beefroll-loafer-brown

Can get these for $230. Looking for a good summer loafer that I can wear to a business (very) casual office and out on the weekends.

Are these worth it? can I do better for the price? Not limited to loafers, but something summery. was also considering the j crew suede alden bucks in camel, but don't see those working as well in an office.

5. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

http://www.tresbienshop.net/beefroll-loafer-brown

Can get these for $230. Looking for a good summer loafer that I can wear to a business (very) casual office and out on the weekends.

Are these worth it? can I do better for the price? Not limited to loafers, but something summery. was also considering the j crew suede alden bucks in camel, but don't see those working as well in an office.

Decent. I read an article about these and they seemed interesting. A little plane-Jane to me, but I can see them working in a casual office. There's something sort of old about them though. I like the blue ones!

6. madmadigan

madmadigan Senior member

7. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

I like what you do so I'll be honest, steer clear of the bottom two, tried all 3 on and definitely first had the best contruction. The slit pockets tear mad easy on tha Ma-1 esque silhouette and the harrington one is AIGHT. but the first is definitely best. You ever consider gyakusou?
    thanks for the input, and no, haven't heard of gyakusou until now, this genre is new to me so i'm pretty much a noob. [​IMG] any other japanese labels make this kind of wipeout-meets-neuromancer kind of shit?

8. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

Never understood that alot of person posting in here leave out price - which is a high factor (or should be) for everyone.

9. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

thanks for the input, and no, haven't heard of gyakusou until now, this genre is new to me so i'm pretty much a noob. [​IMG] any other japanese labels make this kind of wipeout-meets-neuromancer kind of shit?

Dude Gyakusou is Undercover's performance line with Nike, it's insane. White Mountaineering BLK is good too. Outlier and acronym are other labels that come to mind, arcteryx veilance as well.

10. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

Dude Gyakusou is Undercover's performance line with Nike, it's insane. White Mountaineering BLK is good too. Outlier and acronym are other labels that come to mind, arcteryx veilance as well.

ive only seen a preview vid for the line...maybe a year ago, has anything been released yet?

acronym is so awesome. check the video out mac!!

11. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

shitloads of Gyakusou has, only blog I actually follow (shoremans aside) has a few posts on it. thenonplace.com

12. sipang

sipang Senior member

Well, sufu has its Urban tech thread, someone should do something in these parts I think.

13. Lane

Lane Senior member

buying RO shorts made me realize I dig shorts a lot....plus I realized I could do some interesting shit where I get rick owens denim leggings or julius leggings kinda like the dude in my avatar to pair with em. So, ive been contemplating these, despite my long hate for cargo shorts. [​IMG]

14. sipang

sipang Senior member

I suggest to pair those with some oak street bluchers. Denim leggings sounds weird.

15. Lane

Lane Senior member