Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

^ Oh, I assumed Vibskov was pricier. I know CdG and Yohji or RO would be.

Also drop crotch sweats are the best thing ever. I wear my pair like 2-3 times a week.

2. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Vibskov is priced like a mid-end brand. You can find those for like $185 retail i think.

Are your pants even drop crotch? They just seemed long rise the time you wore them. Unless the drop crotch is exaggerated or done right, they just look like ill-fitting pants. I've seen lots of poor designs while browsing webstores.

3. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Yeah, if you buy Vibksov through Tres Bien or +46 or other Euro vendors it actually ends up being slightly cheaper because of the exclusion of VAT tax. Chrono, have you seen the Vibskov shorts in solid colors besides black? If you search Rakuten for pants they have a shit load of relatively cheap drop crotchy stuff. Here's a pair of sweatpants I found a while back. I've never ordered anything though, so I'm not sure what that process is like. http://74.125.93.132/translate_c?hl=...V3aQe2_q08_b9w Two more, the ones I was talking about might have been one of these. http://en.item.rakuten.com/d-holic/1...7319&k=d-holic http://en.item.rakuten.com/d-holic/1...7319&k=d-holic

4. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

Vibskov is priced like a mid-end brand. You can find those for like $185 retail i think. Are your pants even drop crotch? They just seemed long rise the time you wore them. Unless the drop crotch is exaggerated or done right, they just look like ill-fitting pants. I've seen lots of poor designs while browsing webstores.
    It took me awhile to figure out how to wear them right, but they are definitely drop crotch. I think when you saw me I was wearing my DRKSHDW hoodie which throws off the proportions because of it's exaggerated length. I'll post a better WAYWT with the sweats and the sneakers. AndrewRyanWallace - yeah Rakuten makes me nervous too, but I really want to get some of this Julius MA (Asian market only) stuff, let me know if you have any luck with it. Also have you looked for the CdG x H&M drop crotch? now that the hype has died down you can get them pretty cheap on ebay.

5. jet

jet Persian Bro

Chrono I thought you wanted my 20 off code for revolve to cop vibskov no?

Thinking about getting sleeveless white raf simons button up to floss the gunz for summer, yay or nay?

6. Hermitedge

Hermitedge Senior member

7. GML

GML Member

I know the topic of dress shoes and jeans has been thoroughly covered before in several posts, and I've read them. After reading them I decided that the AE Park Avenues (though I love the look of them) would not be a good fit for jeans and that a less sleek and lighter color would probably be better. This will be my first (and only for awhile anyway) purchase of a pair of dress shoes so I'd like to not spend $350 on something I won't be able to wear often.
    My lower body rotation usually consists of APC new standards and 501 stf, with a pair of tan slim fit chinos once or twice a week.
    Opinions on these with any of the above described bottomwear?
    [​IMG]

Thanks!

8. Crakaveli

Crakaveli Senior member

9. mtmindc

mtmindc Senior member

10. zissou

zissou Senior member

there are a million shoes with jeans threads.

11. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

That's your idea of "less sleek?"

12. Oxnard

Oxnard Senior member

^^^In response to that, personally, I don't think much of anything that Allen Edmonds makes goes well with denim. If you really want a pair of "dress shoes" to go with jeans, Alden and also Paul Smith are the two of the best options, both of which are at a similar price level. I'm rather fond of Alden myself, they make some fantastic boots that work very well with denim,

13. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

Wore my park avenues in black today with my raw april 77's, looked fine, here is picture (refer to bottom half, ignore sock showing and imagine stack) [​IMG] I do this a lot, vintage loakes.. [​IMG]

14. obeserabbit

obeserabbit Senior member

opening ceremony for uniqlo shawl collar jacket: [​IMG] blue or beige?

15. JacobJacob

JacobJacob Senior member

I have just stumbled over the Sanuk "sandals". They are really trashy-cool, and since summer is coming I might get myself a pair. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] but see the things for yourself http://www.hanger94.com/showitemsman...e-all_nyr-.htm The world class climber Chris Sharma got them [​IMG] And even Hollywoods finest are keen on them [​IMG]