• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
TOJ A1 blouson
or
MMM beautiful boots
or
blue cotton summer blazer (mmm, cdg, dries? dunno)
or
all 3?

I'm terrified that the time for a new pair of jeans is fast approaching, which means I'll have to choose between petit standards and somet 008's. I think that, thankfully, I might not care about the superior quality of the Somets, or whatever, and that I'll probably be very happy with another pair of APCs.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
ps on ebay for 138 - 10% with code so not bad. your other three choices are like asking a dog, a drill, or a pineapple.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
I'm terrified that the time for a new pair of jeans is fast approaching, which means I'll have to choose between petit standards and somet 008's. I think that, thankfully, I might not care about the superior quality of the Somets, or whatever, and that I'll probably be very happy with another pair of APCs.
Could go inbetween with 3sixteen... they remind me of apc's and are pretty hassle-free jeans overall. blue blazer would be good, IMO. kind of random selection choices though.

Hollywars

Reaction score
I saw a pic of an older APC blazer that looked really cool, you might want to try to pick that up.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by macuser3of5
Could go inbetween with 3sixteen... they remind me of apc's and are pretty hassle-free jeans overall.

blue blazer would be good, IMO. kind of random selection choices though.

Oh, totally. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. The other choices are Damir pants, Rick pants, Damir boots, white tanks and cropped uniqlo trousers. I'm all at sea.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kind of at the same point... could see myself going *** casual streetwear (ie the kolor jacket above), modified flannel pac nw grunge, or some weird mix of the two. comfort, softer shapes. slightly moving away from the kva/helmut mix i've been doing for the last few years. maybe it's cuz i'm old and have a kid now haha.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I really like Kolor, but I also always enjoy your sharp silhouettes. You could move more heavily into the KVA /DH stuff I suppose, and take advantage of a looser silhouette without losing all of the sharpness - but that requires an actual desire for m. van assche, rather than a passing fancy.

For my part, I just rotate through wanting geller, damir, rick, or margiela pretty much bi-monthly, which makes life so difficult.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
from what i've seen kolor runs so small you can't fit in it. screw all of those and just go with ann d
teacha.gif

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You see, if you would simply send me your ann d items for free, instead of obscenely requesting payment like some sort of plebeian troglodyte, I wouldn't have this problem. You should have stayed in mile-high country; that Rocky Mountain air would have kept your synapses free from ridiculous ideas like these.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
You see, if you would simply send me your ann d items for free, instead of obscenely requesting payment like some sort of plebeian troglodyte, I wouldn't have this problem. You should have stayed in mile-high country; that Rocky Mountain air would have kept your synapses free from ridiculous ideas like these.

i'm waiting, the cocoa is still warm

t17039-self-portrait-as-a-lutenist-jan-steen.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads