Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Razele

Razele Senior member

Other should or shouldn't I: More Geller I've sorta grapled with this before, I guess I just don't know. I have enough margiela / raf / jil / dries I dont really need any more Belgians (cept Schneider :love: :love[​IMG] and even then, I sorta have plenty anyway. I wear some darker rougher stuff from time to time and I guess I sorta like the Geller aesthetic. Sway me one way or the other?

2. Razele

Razele Senior member

Thanks man, I've seen alot of the Seiko work before. I dont mind it. The one diver I really liked from Seiko was way too huge on me, thick as fuck.

Watch rotation as it stands

Vintage Early 60's Omega Seamaster, Brushed Steel with Cyclops Date
    Vintage Mid 90's Omega Speedmater Automatic, Hesalite Crystal
    Vintage Early 70's Seiko 5 - Orginial Mineral Crystal and a Black / Grey Nato Band (Grandfathers Watch, Love this thing)

I want a Speedmaster Pro, a dress watch and something like above, obviously not in that order.

3. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

the username is harold or yobokies depending on what time fourm youre visisting.

http://www.yobokies.com/

thats the photobucket site where you can check out the work hes done.

if you search on timezone for a seiko mod, a lot will come up as "seiko by harold/yobokies"

hes been doing it for a while. ive never ordered from him tho

4. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

raz, what specifically are you looking at? Geller also isn't really dark...just less luxe/formal, more punk/military than the Belgian stuff you have.

5. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

love anything geller opinions on this piece?? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

Branding on seavees ruins them, IMO. Actually, I can't think of a pair of seavees that doesn't pretty much suck. Would rather wear superga, spring court, etc.

Re: McNairy shoes, if you're looking for the type of shoes he tends to make (like red sole bucks, crepe sole longwings; informal shoes on unsleek lasts) you could do a lot worse than his shoes, which are quite well made, if not C+J handgrade level. I can understand the disappointment in the new WWM stuff but there are zero quality issues with any McNairy clothing or shoes. Next fall get ready to see a few more brands using Sanders for their kicks.

scott.m has some sort of grudge here that I don't get

I just feel like "mcNasty" seems like an asshole. Mark needs to grow up and take the supreme fitted off. I more have distaste towards him as a person. The shoes felt fine quality wise, they were just incredibly dainty from when I tried them on.

7. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

that schneider coat is sweet, seems a bit odd in your wardrobe though NN but I could see you moving in that direction, wouldn't be hard.

8. Razele

Razele Senior member

I see alot of post punk (Robert Smith :love: ) in his work, and depending on how it's styled can be darker and moody, some grunge elements I enjoy too. That's what I mean. I think 'dark' has come to equal Rick / CCP / Julius / Derevitives there of and I dont really want to wear that stuff, except for shoes and belts.

My color palette would work pretty well with it IMO, I'm all grey / charcoal / black / navy

9. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

that schneider coat is sweet, seems a bit odd in your wardrobe though NN but I could see you moving in that direction, wouldn't be hard.
    n. hoolywood actually, want a longer linen/cotton jacket for summer with some color [​IMG] or a beige trench are the other choices.. paired with this hat [​IMG] white v-neck, and this on the bottom half. [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm happy with my fall wardrobe, wanna mix things up in the summer, rather than wearing GATs, club monaco jersey shorts, and uni-qlo vnecks every day like last summer..

10. Razele

Razele Senior member

Also I'm probably going to get Ann d jewellery, a necklace, bracelet, this nice pinned feather im looking at

11. dogboots

dogboots Member

Going to get another pair of shoes. Deciding between 2 pairs. Oxfords wingtip [​IMG] or [​IMG] I'm going to have it custom made to fit me and can only afford one. The Wingtipped Oxfords on top is a sample work. I'm going to be wearing these 99% of the time with jeans(mostly denim). as my activities do not permit me to wear wool trousers. A little direction would be greatly appreciated. [​IMG]

12. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

Going to get another pair of shoes. Deciding between 2 pairs.

Oxfords wingtip
    [​IMG]
    pg[/img]

I'm going to have it custom made to fit me and can only afford one. The Wingtipped Oxfords on top is a sample work.
    I'm going to be wearing these 99% of the time with jeans(mostly denim). as my activities do not permit me to wear wool trousers.

A little direction would be greatly appreciated. [​IMG]

Pretty much impossible to compare these two.. They are so different, it all depends on what your wardrobe consists of and which way you want to go.

13. Lane

Lane Senior member

fuck im stupid

14. filcol

filcol Senior member

15. snake

snake Senior member

hammered lamb. sleeves measure over 27" though. [​IMG]

[​IMG]