• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
ivory jeans for summer. Margiela

3hFad.jpg

i say yes. love me some white jeans/pants

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ivory jeans for summer. Margiela

At least on the model, they look like the squarest possible jeans. Joan Jett's labia clamp up like a reluctant oyster, etc.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
At least on the model, they look like the squarest possible jeans. Joan Jett's labia clamp up like a reluctant oyster, etc.

haha well that would not be so good.

another option, white with some kind of blue spray on it. The poor model appears to have sized down 4. could be slightly see thru

89Moe.jpg

spreadcollar

Reaction score
I'm not into the blue spray ones; the others caught my attention and I'm really curious what they look like in real life and not in yoox-vision. Please post pics if you go for it.

haha well that would not be so good.

another option, white with some kind of blue spray on it. The poor model appears to have sized down 4. could be slightly see thru

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I think SQ owns a pair of the sprayed-on ones, pretty cool imo.

Two Shoes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spacetaekwon
Wanted the rick monkey boots, but can't afford right now...

3164_1_.jpg

Planning to spray-paint the sole/stitching black "ervell style"
y/n? other suggestions for monkey boots? thanks.

I had a pair of these with the white soles (which I prefer- look less "Doc Marten-y") and I really liked them. They wore out in less than a year though.

They did make a version with black stitching and a black soles a couple years ago but you'd probably have to find them on the second-hand market at this point.

Monkey boots are great, though. The Rick ones are a grail of mine.

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why those jeans margiela jeans? They look bland from that pic IMO.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yoox makes everything look bad man

Those are the acrylic over painted jawnz IIRC? They were dope, I would kop, nice with a white T and patent white mmm sneaks

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Branding on seavees ruins them, IMO. Actually, I can't think of a pair of seavees that doesn't pretty much suck. Would rather wear superga, spring court, etc.

Re: McNairy shoes, if you're looking for the type of shoes he tends to make (like red sole bucks, crepe sole longwings; informal shoes on unsleek lasts) you could do a lot worse than his shoes, which are quite well made, if not C+J handgrade level. I can understand the disappointment in the new WWM stuff but there are zero quality issues with any McNairy clothing or shoes. Next fall get ready to see a few more brands using Sanders for their kicks.

scott.m has some sort of grudge here that I don't get

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That branding is pretty unobtrusive, it's just normal font on the base, pretty nice IMO

McNairy is so **** (design not quality), I have no idea why people like him at all, completely uninspiring.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
^^ I think SQ owns a pair of the sprayed-on ones, pretty cool imo.

yeah, those are great. either one will be nice. if you have some mmm jeans than you know how they fit and the model's pic shouldnt dictate lol

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Want a daily wear watch, wanted a diver, seiko diver was too big and I really wanted something minimalist, no logo sorta thing but with a classic face.

2003085099ocean-gmt_uni_01.jpg
610023722ocean_blk_01.jpg

Would wear pretty much everyday with a black / grey stripe nylon NATO band. Also, will mod the face to black out logo and the marketing (essentially lol) in the bottom half of the face.

Cue WIS telling me how I should 'just kop rolex sub lol' - would rather buy other ish then that as I hate it's connotations and some **** is likely to mug me for it (inner city sup)

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
some guy on timezone mods out seikos with with unbranded dials and it looks quite nice. i can try to find the link if you want...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics