Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. kwoyeu

kwoyeu Senior member

thom browne sweater vest (bnwt for $250)?
    [​IMG]
    more shots

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

first, it's a sweater vest. so that's one source of uncertainty.
    another source: non-cashmere tb knits seem to be pretty inexpensive compared to his other items. dunno if that means anything quality-wise.

2. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

[​IMG]
    What size are they? Mihara is a bit tough to size. But I think you should get them. They are fairly elongated, just so you know.

3. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

[​IMG]

I think I like them, but it's kind of hard to tell with just this one shot. Can't really tell whether the toe is just a little upturned v. looking totally clownish from another angle.

4. flyguy7

flyguy7 Senior member

5. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

What size are they? Mihara is a bit tough to size. But I think you should get them. They are fairly elongated, just so you know.
    They're a size 25 so probably would need an insole. I find I fit a 39.5 best. 39s are only comfortable without socks. tbh, because my feet are so small, slightly clownish boots are better because they make my feet look more normal lol

6. spacetaekwon

spacetaekwon Well-Known Member

Wanted the rick monkey boots, but can't afford right now...

[​IMG]

Planning to spray-paint the sole/stitching black "ervell style"
    y/n? other suggestions for monkey boots? thanks.

7. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

They're a size 25 so probably would need an insole. I find I fit a 39.5 best. 39s are only comfortable without socks. tbh, because my feet are so small, slightly clownish boots are better because they make my feet look more normal lol
    I am skeptical about the idea of sizing them to fit big. They are great though, have been looking for them in a 27.5. (I am a 44-44.5)

8. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

I am skeptical about the idea of sizing them to fit big. They are great though, have been looking for them in a 27.5. (I am a 44-44.5)

Hm... well they're supposed to fit a 40-40.5 so...hopefully they work out

9. defan

defan Well-Known Member

tbh they look mad weird worn, mcnairy never looks 100% right ime. I tried them on and they were mad dainty and limp wrist.

Fuck I hate everything Mc Nairy touches

+1

He said something like: "For my first Woolrich Woolen Mills collection, I was inspired chiefly by Ivy League Schools and the US Navy. So I called the collection 'Naval Intelligence'."

Way to give Daiki a run for his money there hoss. Now I have to despise you forever.

Any recommendations for something else in the "not quite completely dressed up but not some tennis shoes" shoe category?

10. wangvicous

wangvicous Senior member

I've been looking for the same thing. Basically something to replace boots for summer. I'm debating between Alden #8 ptb or chukkas. Kinda want penny loafers but i fear with my current style they'll end up right next to my bucks getting next to no use.

11. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

Any recommendations for something else in the "not quite completely dressed up but not some tennis shoes" shoe category?

Plenty of soft suede shoes that aren't made by McNairy, up into like Crockett and Jones or Fratelli Rossetti territory if you have some flow at hand (n.b. shitty slang phrase). Keds are pretty easy to dress up also. Or Rachel Comey Derringers or Matebas. Or some Paul Smith joints.

12. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I dunno who socal is.
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaand I have officially been on this board for too damnd long.

13. defan

defan Well-Known Member

Plenty of soft suede shoes that aren't made by McNairy, up into like Crockett and Jones or Fratelli Rossetti territory if you have some flow at hand (n.b. shitty slang phrase). Keds are pretty easy to dress up also. Or Rachel Comey Derringers or Matebas. Or some Paul Smith joints.

Thanks, I looked at some of those offerings. They don't have to be suede necessarily, but it seems to be easier to pull off the look I'm going for in suede.

Is there anything in that $250 and below price range. It looks like Rachel Comey could be had if one found a sale.

What should I be looking for that the McNairy's don't have?

14. DLester

DLester Senior member

ivory jeans for summer. Margiela [​IMG]

15. Mountains

Mountains Senior member

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand I have officially been on this board for too damnd long.

They were better days [​IMG]