Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

same advice as for tagutcow, go w/ jugend

Do not get the universal jugend recommendation. I'm not gonna start talking about "timeless" or "classic" haircuts, but I feel like that'll be a facepalm even five years down the road for half the people rocking it. (I'm partially biased because my half-Swedish, buncha-German heritage would make me look a little too...y'know...)

Agreed that something shorter (or at least tied back in some samurai style) might be better.

SHOULD I BUY?
    There is a particular blazer I'm looking at that is offered in both cotton and wool (current season so summer weight wool). Anyone have a preference? Thanks

I'd pretty much always go wool over cotton. Wool tends to drape more naturally. Cotton, not so much. I'm sure there are exceptions, but generally speaking.

oki ni model hairstyle:

http://www.oki-ni.com/mens-jackets/s...vt/sis0803blk/

That's almost exactly the amount of facial hair I'm capable of growing at this point. [​IMG]

2. sipang

sipang Senior member

Just weird, considering I post a waywt and people tell me I need to eat a damn sandwich.
    How tall are you though ? I'm pretty sure everyone here is about 5.8ft Should I kop your Helmut down ? Does it have inside straps ?

3. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

6'2+ but how does being shorter affect waist to thigh width ratio, necessarily?

4. bows1

bows1 Senior member

How the hell do you even get them on? I mean if you've seen my fitpics I have somewhat large thighs but not like tree trunk sized. 12-12.25 is comfortable for me, my spurrs are about 12 in size 31 waist. 10" in that size just boggles the mind.

I dunno they just fit. I don't have very large thighs. They are a bit tight, but they work. I think the extra half inch plus the stretchiness of denim will make the new ones perfect

5. bows1

bows1 Senior member

How tall are you though ? I'm pretty sure everyone here is about 5.8ft

Should I kop your Helmut down ? Does it have inside straps ?

I'm 6'1"

Just weird, considering I post a waywt and people tell me I need to eat a damn sandwich.

Its more because you have a very slim upper body with very slight muscle mass, not your legs.

6. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

Kelvstros (if a 41 would fit a 41 CP Achilles...)
    [​IMG]
    or CPs (would have to wait for em to make it to sale)
    [​IMG]
    ??

7. snake

snake Senior member

The rafs are so much better.

8. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

That would be pretty dumb too, but probably less tacky than expired goth looks.

Those high collars sure look cool and theatrical on the runway but dumb as dirt on the street. How could you walk around in that and be serious? LOL

Duuuude, it's super wearable and I got it in calf/tight fit:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. sipang

sipang Senior member

gahh imageshack kiss of death, is there anything that doesn't violate their policy at this point

10. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Those Cloak jeans have the ultimate jeans fit, IMO. If they were out long enough for me to buy some more, they came in better indigo denim, and didn't have the shit ass trouser pockets on top of the spade pockets in the back, they'd be 95% perfect. The fit is just awesome though. Best crotch to hem taper ever, best pocket comfort, a decent seat fit (can't touch Dior Homme or APC on this though) - Cloak is winnar.

11. Fuuma

Those Cloak jeans have the ultimate jeans fit, IMO. If they were out long enough for me to buy some more, they came in better indigo denim, and didn't have the shit ass trouser pockets on top of the spade pockets in the back, they'd be 95% perfect. The fit is just awesome though. Best crotch to hem taper ever, best pocket comfort, a decent seat fit (can't touch Dior Homme or APC on this though) - Cloak is winnar.

Yup, I basically only wear my two cloaks, two diors and a pair of old apc ns. Don't see the point of adding new stuff on the jeans front.

12. Fuuma

gahh imageshack kiss of death, is there anything that doesn't violate their policy at this point

Just 4 pics of me Ive posted before wearing the RO high collar (tight fit/calf though). It's my everyday, go to leather and I've yet to come upon a better one RO or otherwise.

13. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Julian Red California is a reasonable 80% stand in for that Cloak jeans fit, I have found. Never really got around to buying many because I don't like the wide selvedge, but yeah. There's a certain magic about the European jeans patterns that those Japanese jeans just don't seem to capture.

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Kelvstros (if a 41 would fit a 41 CP Achilles...)

or CPs (would have to wait for em to make it to sale)

??

Raf, jump on it now because chances are once that pair is gone in that store, you won't see a new pair for a long while. I haven't even see a new iteration of that model in a while.

15. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

Thx snake/rfx.

RFX, any word on sizing? Think that 41 would work?