• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
same advice as for tagutcow, go w/ jugend

Do not get the universal jugend recommendation. I'm not gonna start talking about "timeless" or "classic" haircuts, but I feel like that'll be a facepalm even five years down the road for half the people rocking it. (I'm partially biased because my half-Swedish, buncha-German heritage would make me look a little too...y'know...)

Agreed that something shorter (or at least tied back in some samurai style) might be better.

Originally Posted by PaulYAY
SHOULD I BUY?
There is a particular blazer I'm looking at that is offered in both cotton and wool (current season so summer weight wool). Anyone have a preference? Thanks

I'd pretty much always go wool over cotton. Wool tends to drape more naturally. Cotton, not so much. I'm sure there are exceptions, but generally speaking.

Originally Posted by snowmanxl
oki ni model hairstyle:

http://www.oki-ni.com/mens-jackets/s...vt/sis0803blk/

That's almost exactly the amount of facial hair I'm capable of growing at this point.
confused.gif

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Just weird, considering I post a waywt and people tell me I need to eat a damn sandwich.
How tall are you though ? I'm pretty sure everyone here is about 5.8ft Should I kop your Helmut down ? Does it have inside straps ?

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How the hell do you even get them on? I mean if you've seen my fitpics I have somewhat large thighs but not like tree trunk sized. 12-12.25 is comfortable for me, my spurrs are about 12 in size 31 waist. 10" in that size just boggles the mind.

I dunno they just fit. I don't have very large thighs. They are a bit tight, but they work. I think the extra half inch plus the stretchiness of denim will make the new ones perfect

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sipang
How tall are you though ? I'm pretty sure everyone here is about 5.8ft

Should I kop your Helmut down ? Does it have inside straps ?

I'm 6'1"

Just weird, considering I post a waywt and people tell me I need to eat a damn sandwich.

Its more because you have a very slim upper body with very slight muscle mass, not your legs.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
That would be pretty dumb too, but probably less tacky than expired goth looks.

Those high collars sure look cool and theatrical on the runway but dumb as dirt on the street. How could you walk around in that and be serious? LOL

Duuuude, it's super wearable and I got it in calf/tight fit:

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gahh imageshack kiss of death, is there anything that doesn't violate their policy at this point

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Those Cloak jeans have the ultimate jeans fit, IMO. If they were out long enough for me to buy some more, they came in better indigo denim, and didn't have the **** ass trouser pockets on top of the spade pockets in the back, they'd be 95% perfect. The fit is just awesome though. Best crotch to hem taper ever, best pocket comfort, a decent seat fit (can't touch Dior Homme or APC on this though) - Cloak is winnar.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Those Cloak jeans have the ultimate jeans fit, IMO. If they were out long enough for me to buy some more, they came in better indigo denim, and didn't have the **** ass trouser pockets on top of the spade pockets in the back, they'd be 95% perfect. The fit is just awesome though. Best crotch to hem taper ever, best pocket comfort, a decent seat fit (can't touch Dior Homme or APC on this though) - Cloak is winnar.

Yup, I basically only wear my two cloaks, two diors and a pair of old apc ns. Don't see the point of adding new stuff on the jeans front.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sipang
gahh imageshack kiss of death, is there anything that doesn't violate their policy at this point

Just 4 pics of me Ive posted before wearing the RO high collar (tight fit/calf though). It's my everyday, go to leather and I've yet to come upon a better one RO or otherwise.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Julian Red California is a reasonable 80% stand in for that Cloak jeans fit, I have found. Never really got around to buying many because I don't like the wide selvedge, but yeah. There's a certain magic about the European jeans patterns that those Japanese jeans just don't seem to capture.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brothersport
Kelvstros (if a 41 would fit a 41 CP Achilles...)

or CPs (would have to wait for em to make it to sale)

??

Raf, jump on it now because chances are once that pair is gone in that store, you won't see a new pair for a long while. I haven't even see a new iteration of that model in a while.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads