Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

real boring colour.

Just need a basic jacket for going out in the spring. Versatile.

Steve Alan a buyable brand? How's the quality? Never hear it mentioned around here...

2. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

Nevermind, didnt buy. Sold out now

3. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

^never been a fan of CP desert sneakers, but that's a decent price and if you like them there's no reason not to.

Just need a basic jacket for going out in the spring. Versatile.

Steve Alan a buyable brand? How's the quality? Never hear it mentioned around here...

From what i've heard it's decent, it's just there must be a lot better summer jackets than that. Engineered Garments used to do a Pathfinder jacket, pretty much every brand does some type of harrington, have a look.

4. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

Steve Alan Spring Bomber $375
    if not, recommend a light spring jacket similar price or less?

I don't have a comparable rec, but I'll say pass. It looks decent there, but SA seems terribly overpriced for the fabrics they use. That's what I gather from handling a few pieces and reading the board anyhow.

5. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

I'd prob say no, too. $375 is a decent amount of money. As for alternatives, what do you like about it?

6. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

I'd prob say no, too. $375 is a decent amount of money. As for alternatives, what do you like about it?

True, will pass. Just have to keep looking.

Cleaned out all my jackets that are light enough to wear inside when I go out. Looking for something versatile, as I'm going to have to wear it in several different occasions.

I liked how it was a clean version of a bomber with a cut that is slim and will probably fit me. Not digging the color 100%, but black kind of goes with anything.

Any brands I should look at? I've checked W+H, blanc + noir, rag + bone, epaulet, etc. A lot of brands on this board also focus on just shirts...

Just need a direction.

7. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

33" chest lane? that sounds like a size 1, but you said you've tried sz1 stuff before so i'll take your word for it

8. Lane

Lane Senior member

the first two items I bought from julius were size 1, and they fit, but the cardigan I bought was too tight. So, size 2 is better for me. I'm actually 34in. My thighs force me to use size 2 in bottoms. 1 in some of them, though. Especially older season shizz.

9. MichaelPemulis

MichaelPemulis Senior member

The ervell collegiate jacket may be up your alley Dbear.

10. NameBack

NameBack Senior member

[​IMG] Synth's KVAs would fit me, and I can just barely afford them (I might have a little trouble eating towards the end of the month, but so it goes). I'm just not sure how well they would mesh with my style. I would probably wear them in a way similar to how sq wears Lanvin hi-tops: sweater/blazer, button-down, slim-fit jeans tucked and stacked. Worth it, or would they not work? edit: They're just so fucking cool.

11. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Probably belongs here rather than WAYWT. Trying to figure out whether I should ditch this and size up. I'm 85% of the way toward yes:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The top and second-to-bottom buttons keep wanting to come undone, so it ends up looking like the last picture most of the time.

12. jet

jet Persian Bro

Looks good but I would size up if you can't button.

Jetdag has spoken.

13. drum

drum Senior member

^^^ those are awesome, would kop if they were my size. Button down + jeans sounds like a dull way of wearing them though.

14. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

notwitit ... i think it looks fine. that looks to be a slim super thin cardi. if falls at a decent length on your body compared to your shirt and the shoulders seem fine. but if you cant button all the way or feels like your gonna hulk out of it from stretching/reaching for something then obviously size up.

but at least from here it looks fine

15. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

nameback, go for it. itll work out perfectly. thats how i wear them sometimes. they are more versatile than one thinks. i always find some time to put them on haha! fit pics:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]