1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

2. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

if you wear them anywhere but your house or the gym i'll seriously find you and murder you

3. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

well, I liked the Band of Outsiders lookbook that had sweats in it.

4. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

lol, lookbooks are like the beer goggles of fashion.

5. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Coldsnap. I don't know how those fit but certain sweats and button ups can definitely work depending on the look. I haven't tried those uniqlo ones on though. The brand Hope had a nice pair that easily could've been worn with a button up and blazer from a season or two ago

6. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Coldsnap. I don't know how those fit but certain sweats and button ups can definitely work depending on the look. I haven't tried those uniqlo ones on though. The brand Hope had a nice pair that easily could've been worn with a button up and blazer from a season or two ago

I failed at trying to find these online.

7. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

Yeah, I think sweatpants+oxford could be cool. If the sweatpants were an interesting material, it'd be kind of neat to wear a tie made from the same material.

Anyway, thinking about kopping these Loake boots for fall, but I don't know how I feel about the bit of fake distressing. They're about $210, factoring in current GBP:USD conversion rates, so if you guys can think of any better-looking goodyear welted wingtip boots in that price range, let me know.
    [​IMG]

8. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

9. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

They were on the actual hope site but i'm sure they're gone by now since they were previous seasons. The ones i was thinking of didn't have black tie like that. Looked almost just like trousers. There was this brand on revolve's fashionforward site with a weird name i'm not used to that had some sweat looking pants (wool with elastic band) that were really nice and no one would know they're sweats really.

10. buckeye75

buckeye75 Active Member

Random question: what's the deal with the white leather belt? I've seen a few guys wearing them lately and with the right outfit it seems to look bad-ass, I just don't want to come off too metro. I saw Guess made a pretty cool one but I can't seem to find it. Any suggestions? I'm assuming dark jeans, dark shirt?

11. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Random question: what's the deal with the white leather belt? I've seen a few guys wearing them lately and with the right outfit it seems to look bad-ass, I just don't want to come off too metro. I saw Guess made a pretty cool one but I can't seem to find it. Any suggestions? I'm assuming dark jeans, dark shirt?

unless you're wearing white shoes, no

12. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

unless you're wearing white shoes, no

No, do not do this. Matching shoes and belts is usually bad to begin with; if you do it with white, it's heinous.

White belts can work with the right colors; it's easier with shades of black or grey, and generally works best with slightly nicer and more minimal fits.

13. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Matching shoes and belts is usually bad to begin with;

Since when?

14. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Refer to MC board; but as long as the colors are different tones it's fine, but I (and many others) find perfectly matching belt and shoes looks kinda stuffy and way too coordinated. Kinda the same deal with matching tie and pocket square I think.

15. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Refer to MC board; but as long as the colors are different tones it's fine, but I (and many others) find perfectly matching belt and shoes looks kinda stuffy and way too coordinated. Kinda the same deal with matching tie and pocket square I think.

Fair enough. I mainly wear black shoes and belt though. :x

16. buckeye75

buckeye75 Active Member

Yeah, for some reason I picture a white belt going good with jeans and sandals in the summer time when you're a bit more tan... I don't know if that would look good... guess I'll have to see.

17. brimley

brimley Senior member

Anyway, thinking about kopping these Loake boots for fall, but I don't know how I feel about the bit of fake distressing. They're about $210, factoring in current GBP:USD conversion rates, so if you guys can think of any better-looking goodyear welted wingtip boots in that price range, let me know. [/IMG]

The fake distressing shouldn't be bad, put some Obenauf's on it to restore the leather and you'll have your own wear on them soon enough. They look nice and should be well made. Take pictures if you get them.

Also, +1 on Vashin's SDA 103 rec above for your needs, awesome jeans, wearing mine today.

18. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

19. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

20. cjl2g

cjl2g Senior member

seersucker patrik ervell air jacket.