Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

I'm on the fence between going wider leg for trousers, or going slim, like Epaulet Rivet chinos. The leg opening just seems so tiny on them, though.

they are pretty slim, and the rise is kinda low. I love them, but i also want some wider leg stuff.

2. ireillytoole

ireillytoole Active Member

Was recently educated on Arc'teryx Veilance by my friend in Chicago last week. Apparently the brand kicks ass and is leaps and bounds above what the Northface has become (the latter apparently started out pretty quality, but now crappy). Have never owned any pieces myself, but handled a few items the other day in a store and it seems legit.
    Would buy myself if it was a small, and kicked myself for now picking up some items when it was on Gilt a few weeks ago.

3. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

[​IMG] (also come in black) or [​IMG] (probably the red ones) or none of the above edit: Also, G0079 - I don't know much about alternatives, but the ToJ looks impeccably awesome. I doubt you'll find much else that nice in that price range.

4. DLester

DLester Senior member

I'm in the mood to blow some money on a new pair of sneakers.

an everyday sneaker, which is what I'm looking for.

That is too much $ for CP achilles lows. They are good sneakers but can be found for much less than that if you have patience.

I greatly prefer the Lanvins over those other sneakers but they are not beaters.

5. coti

coti Member

Sans VAT they're $325. Which I'll agree is still pretty overpriced, however I'm impatient and sitting on some disposable income so really that's not too much of an issue. And I definitely agree on the Lanvins; they'd rarely see daylight and I kind of just want a luxe sneaker I can beat around in. Definitely leaning toward the CPs at this point.

That is too much $ for CP achilles lows. They are good sneakers but can be found for much less than that if you have patience.

I greatly prefer the Lanvins over those other sneakers but they are not beaters.

6. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

I know this is pretty gay, but is it too gay? Sorry if you can't see it, go sign up for Gilt Sale ends in 7 hours. I need a beater jacket for the rest of this bullshit weather next month and I can't have an H&M one falling apart. Don't tell me they don't fall apart either cause I have one I wear for work and I was gonna buy a second one until the whole pocket started coming off a couple weeks in. And don't take my use of the word "gay" too seriously. You know what I mean. [​IMG] Fuck it, I can always use Gilt credit for more tees.

7. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

^no. jacket looks weird with zip/opening. it's trying to imitate a style and failing (what style? i dunno? (gothninja?)

how much is it anyways? if you want a black jacket there's a lot of options out there.

8. Not Carl

Not Carl Senior member

Should I bite the bullet and get these: [​IMG] Or should I wait and get what I've been after all along (albiet in a different color...something more along the lines of the first pair): [​IMG] ???? *le sigh*

9. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

That second pair is rad, seriously, I'd go for those

10. Not Carl

Not Carl Senior member

I know, I know...I want a pair of low profile slip on dress shoes so bad but I can't find them in a 41/42 for the life of me

and the first pair is all ready and available...and the nail detail in the heel is just so cool...

argh

11. Lane

Lane Senior member

I know this is pretty gay, but is it too gay?
    Sorry if you can't see it, go sign up for Gilt
    Sale ends in 7 hours. I need a beater jacket for the rest of this bullshit weather next month and I can't have an H&M one falling apart. Don't tell me they don't fall apart either cause I have one I wear for work and I was gonna buy a second one until the whole pocket started coming off a couple weeks in. And don't take my use of the word "gay" too seriously. You know what I mean.
    [​IMG]

Fuck it, I can always use Gilt credit for more tees.

yah very gay, oh so gay. Look at that phallus entering the dudes mouth in the picture.

12. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

13. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Not Carl where did you find the nail heel MMM's? I have wanted those forever for work, they're juuuuust offbeat enough.

14. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

[​IMG] OR The Blue One. [​IMG] I'M SO FUCKING TORN.

15. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

boots are sick, if you end up getting those could you PM me where you found the blazer [​IMG]