Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Maybe something with the rear rise or yoke? I dunno. Then again, they don't even look that great on the model and $88+tax on gap is pretty steep for me. Fuck, just go get some levis for like $50. There a variety of fits

2. reprehensible

reprehensible Senior member

Gap - elevated low rise skinny (rigid denim rinse) jeans.

The Gap jeans are $88 and with the short inseams I can get the right size without alterations.

I suggest raising your budget, waiting until you can find better jeans on sale, or just sticking with cheaper jeans. $88 for Gap jeans just seems wrong, somehow.

3. insp86

insp86 Senior member

I don't mind raising my budget if I can get something I know I'll love. I was close to walking out of Barney's with the APC's on reputation alone, but thought (and I think I was right) better of it. With what I'm trying to do, do you have another suggestion? Thanks man, I appreciate the help.
    I suggest raising your budget, waiting until you can find better jeans on sale, or just sticking with cheaper jeans. $88 for Gap jeans just seems wrong, somehow.

4. 2sweet

2sweet Senior member

Gap's attempts to elevate itself from mundane mall brands will never work if they continue to use 50 year old obese American men as their standard for fit.

5. insp86

insp86 Senior member

Gap's attempts to elevate itself from mundane mall brands will never work if they continue to use 50 year old obese American men as their standard for fit.

Now that is a helpful comment.

6. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Senior member

I don't mind raising my budget if I can get something I know I'll love. I was close to walking out of Barney's with the APC's on reputation alone, but thought (and I think I was right) better of it. With what I'm trying to do, do you have another suggestion? Thanks man, I appreciate the help.

Good man. I can't say I would recommend APC's, especially nowadays.

7. Johnathan

Johnathan Senior member

I have those Gap jeans, but I sized down two and they fit great.

8. reprehensible

reprehensible Senior member

APCs are fine, but nothing super-special.

I hesitate to give advice on specific jeans, because I don't know what your particular tastes are, and I only have direct experience with how things fit on me. I'm 6'2" and usually wear a 34" waist, which doesn't sound very similar to your proportions.

Crate has a lot of goodwill on the forum right now, for what seem to me like good reasons, and the price is right.

It's probably a good idea, also, for you to give up on knowing that you'll love what you buy. You can't really know that kind of thing ahead of time.

9. Robert

Robert Senior member

What about using 50-year-old physically fit American men?

10. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

[​IMG]
    1. It isn't too formal to rock to high school, is it?
    2. Would navy herringbone be tough to pull off with jeans?
    3. Could it work with my aesthetic (kinda nerdy-hipster-preppy(?) for those who don't read WAYWT)?

11. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

No. No. Yes.

Do it.

I love mine.

12. chrispy179

chrispy179 Senior member

i think it would fit your style well. dont worry about what the kiddies in high school think

13. Illuminate07

Illuminate07 Well-Known Member

1. It isn't too formal to rock to high school, is it?
    2. Would navy herringbone be tough to pull off with jeans?
    3. Could it work with my aesthetic (kinda nerdy-hipster-preppy(?) for those who don't read WAYWT)?

what brand is this cardigan/jacket from?

14. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

No. No. Yes.

Do it.

I love mine.

i think it would fit your style well. dont worry about what the kiddies in high school think

Thanks guys; I'm thinking I'll kop. The discount's pretty great.
    Do you have any opinions of your own wmmk?
    Yeah. For instance my opinion of your photoshopping female WAYWT posters is...

Seriously though, I know I ask a lot of questions, but you may notice that most are about fit. I'm very gawky and somewhat oddly proportioned, so I admittedly need all the help I can get in that regard.