Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Lane

Lane Senior member

True but LN-CC is nice enough to lower the value as well on anything I purchase from them.

by how much? and is it automatically done? was thinkin bout ordering but I refuse to pay customs fees.

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

by how much? and is it automatically done? was thinkin bout ordering but I refuse to pay customs fees.

You have to e-mail them and ask.

3. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

How is Vanishing Elephant at retail?

They have a great shape, but the quality leaves a lot to be desired. McNairy, etc. will be way better quality, but even though both are bucks the shapes are completely different. I had the VE leather oxfords and the leather was weird, seemed cheaply made.

4. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

i hate the VE shapes to be honest. That whole malnourished sole thing is lame.

5. Meis

Meis Senior member

How is Vanishing Elephant at retail? Thinking of picking up some Bucks for the summer.

I wouldn't kop at retail, not worth it. That said VE shoes are a pretty good deal at 1/2 off or so.

They have a great shape, but the quality leaves a lot to be desired. McNairy, etc. will be way better quality, but even though both are bucks the shapes are completely different. I had the VE leather oxfords and the leather was weird, seemed cheaply made.
    To be fair, part of it is that they use a 'waxed leather' on some of the shoes which is why it probably seems kinda weird... not many companies do waxed leather shoes. I have some suede ones as well... which are ok, not as nice as my F+B, but good enough

i hate the VE shapes to be honest. That whole malnourished sole thing is lame.

huh? malnourished sole? The ones I have may not have a sole that compares to my heavy duty longwings, but I definitely wouldn't call it malnourished...

also, Yes/no?
    [​IMG]
    (Florsheim by Duckie Brown)

6. jslade

jslade Senior member

Thanks for the opinions, guys. I wasn't really sure about Vanishing Elephant quality, and have often heard some pretty bad stuff about them. I guess I'll just wait until sales season. [​IMG]

And Meis - I vote no. That shoe's pretty ugly looking...

7. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

VE quality is decent for what they are. The leather on my pair of boots is actually pretty solid though - the heel is thin, but that's how they're supposed to be, doesn't mean it's shitty. Not everyone wants that neo-nazi stormtrooper steez.

8. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Shah went ahead and kop'd this but it didn't work for him and now I'm mulling it over as well.

[​IMG]

9. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

i'd weigh in on this but ...

10. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Haha. TBH I'm leaning yes... the sizing info helps; sounds like you're a 50 and it would be better on a 48...

11. the shah

nah i didn't mean it like that, it's not tight on me it's truly free-size but i meant given my chest size it looks odd on me. it needs a different height/chest ratio than mine. although i have been after a baller robe so if you don't go for it i'll wear it on the patio with slippers and silk shorts when i'm having tea or fresh pomegranate juice i tried doing a workout scheme that would not lead to growth (bodyweight compound lifts) but it's not working ... i'm growing [​IMG]

12. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

nah i didn't mean it like that, it's not tight on me it's truly free-size but i meant given my chest size it looks odd on me.
    I dunno, what size do you think the guy in that fit pic in your sufu thread is? Maybe you should take a fitpic. I have an idea in my head about how to wear it and errything, but I can't really tell if it would actually fit me the way I see it in my head.

13. the shah

imagine that guy, but with a bigger torso and bigger legs so it's not drapey on him. if i take a pic and it looks retarded it will discourage you [​IMG] is ok though if you don't want it, come monday i'll send it to Björn in Sweden he's been cold lately and asked for some warmth

14. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

posted purchase of NB shoes earlier then found some other muted type green shoes [​IMG] Former:
    [​IMG]
    should i return when it comes in and order one of the following instead? looking to swap out the laces with tan color: 1.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/SPOILER] 4.
    [​IMG]
    All relatively under $70 price range for summer shoes (been looking for the right pair of green) and unable to kop the CP Vintage green lows [​IMG]