1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

at the Desert Hills outlet I saw this blue/white pinstripe blazer at Dolce & Gabbana store, it was a sick blazer for going out, night out on the town. very slim and perfect with dark jeans. from $900 to $450.
    I was told to wait till April when it goes down even more, i think i should get it. i wish i had a photo of it, you all will like it.

2. obeserabbit

obeserabbit Senior member

[​IMG] it's a boys size medium, dunno if it'll fit me, but what do you think about the colors?

3. whacked

whacked Senior member

^ Sleeves will be too short, guaranteed. Colors are just meh.

4. Deluks917

Deluks917 Senior member

[​IMG]

Money aside do you like the ring.

5. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

^ Can't say I do. What is it even supposed to be?

6. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

looks like half wolf half human skull.

7. allcapitan

allcapitan Senior member

8. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

What's interesting about them? They're slippers pretty much. Do you need house shoes?

As far as shit kickers to go grab some groceries in whatever lounge clothes you have on, you'd probably do better getting the black canvas boat shoes they have on their site. I just don't like the look of those things linked

9. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Senior member

^They're not my style and AE gets a lot of hate here, but I'd say if you can pull it off, you can't go wrong trying them for $20. I've seen some durable stuff from AE, and those aren't logo'd to hell.

To the guy w/ the skull/wings/wolf ring.......no. Just.....no.

10. allcapitan

allcapitan Senior member

What would the AE boots go with though?

11. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

It's not an "oh AE is mall brand!" thing, it's just that they're basically suede house slippers. Not a lot i can imagine working well with them.

12. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

obeserabbit, I like it. It's not my favorite variation of red tartan (I prefer the kind without squares behind the checks that has royal blue lines in it. Nevertheless, it looks like a fun F/W piece.

13. insp86

insp86 Senior member

Gap - elevated low rise skinny (rigid denim rinse) jeans. [​IMG] http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...scid=624548002 I really want to try the selvage jeans thing, but I have to concerns. One, I tried on a pair of APC NS's and I'm not sure I can deal with how tight they fit. I'm out of shape, but improving, and the "right" size (a 33) seemed a little much for my liking. Right now I wear Sevens Slouchy (I know I know) and Paper Denim & Cloth Boot Cut for day-to-day and Lucky Slim Boot for going out. Two, $155 + $20 to get them hemmed seems a little much if I'm not even sure I'm going to like the process/look of selvage. The Gap jeans are $88 and with the short inseams I can get the right size without alterations. (Yea, I'm an uber-noob when it comes to this side of SF) Also, and I guess this should go in the jeans question thread, if I go with Gap, or if you talk me out of it, what size should I get? My dress pants size is about a 35, but I swear that's trending down in the next two months. Thanks a ton!

14. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

What is 'elevated low rise'?

15. insp86

insp86 Senior member

I think "elevated" is there best line of denim? Sounded oxy-moronic to me as well, but I get the feeling the fit is a little baggier than a true skinny jean, which might be good for me and my slightly fat ass (for the record, I'm not that out of shape, I'm just a little annoyed with myself at the moment).

What is 'elevated low rise'?