1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by aj_del, Jul 12, 2010.

1. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

^^ Thanks for your opinion. I am going to wait for the Darlton to pop up in B & S. Moving on, what do you think of these Church loafers. To be worn sockless with cotton office trousers and open neck shirts. On sale for 184 euros less VAT [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. ChrisO

ChrisO Member

I like them, at least on the condition that they are not Church "polished binder".

Where are they on sale?

3. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

Tres Bien, only 2 sizes left, 9 and 9.5 UK

4. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

Caruso from ehaberdasher - around 700 USD shipped Does it look navy on your monitor ? It looks a shade lighter than navy on mine [​IMG] Close up of the fabric [​IMG]

5. forex

forex Senior member

Looks nice,it fits you,go for it.

6. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

In the latest edition of
    [​IMG]

I am thinking of getting another Caruso suit since the plain grey one I have gets a positive response on SF.

These are the 3 I am interested in. I want a very boring conservative suit that I dont have to think too much about pairing with what shirt/tie and it should look good with dark brown shoes. I prefer to wear black shoes with dark grey rather than brown.

So, which one to get ? I would get either 1 or 3 but I think that either would be too close to the one I already have ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The one I have

[​IMG]

7. Expressions Realia

Expressions Realia Well-Known Member

@aj_del : You know, personally I like #1 because of the color. But if you're looking to mix up your wardrobe, #2 is your best bet. it's darker, but not black which is nice. I like the light & subtle pin-striping as well.

8. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

9. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

10. forex

forex Senior member

+1.

11. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

BTW, the stripes in the #2 are beige rather than white

12. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

^ an even better reason to get it IMO

13. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

Thanks you all for your comments and views. It seems that everyone likes #2 over #1 which is surprising because I thought a medium grey (almost) plain suit would be SF favourite by far. Anyways, here is another option, a charcoal pinstripes (white stripes) 4. [​IMG]

14. SpooPoker

Sure medium grey is great, but the only suit we (I can recall anyhow) have ever seen you in is a grey flannel.

15. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

^^ Thats a good thing, right ?

16. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

This was delivered today. I know I got zero votes for this ... [​IMG] With the earlier plain flannel one [​IMG]

17. apropos

apropos Senior member

Congrats, you now have 2 suits that look exactly the same from 30 feet away.

18. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

^^ I'm thinking of getting this next. Then i will have 3 suits that look exactly the same from 10 feet away. [​IMG]

19. TheTukker

TheTukker Senior member

Then i will have 3 suits that look exactly the same from 10 feet away.

Makes sense; why change a winning concept?

20. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

Congrats, you now have 2 suits that look exactly the same from 30 feet away.

[​IMG] I too would have voted for the charcoal grey stripe flannel. Just picked up an Isaia one, and it is sweet. I'm not a fan of the microstripes from any distance. Of course, that is personal taste.