• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should I keep these chelsea boots or exhange/refund them?

Jt787

Reaction score
I recently purchased a pair of Dune "Marky" leather chelsea boots in a Tan color. I'm currently in london for a vacation and heading back to Dubai soon. Weather in Dubai is usually around 25-35 C and only starts getting colder in late mid to december. (10-25C)

So basically you could say, summer/spring weather all year round.

I initially fell in love with the Dark Brown Suede after I purchased my Tan chelsea boots. They only have one left in store and I am thinking of exchanging it for the Dark Brown suede. Is the Dark Brown suede reasonable for summer/spring weather?

Here are the options:

1) Should I refund the boots and get a more expensive pair of dark brown suedes (I was also looking at PS Falconer, Grensons, Russell and Bromley)
2) Should I refund the boots and buy a brogue shoe instead? I don't own any brogue shoes at the moment.
3) Change the color of the chelsea boots and grab a black one instead
4) Stick with the tan boots

The dark brown suede:
http://www.dunelondon.com/marky-square-toe-suede-chelsea-boot-0477502280003330/

Current boots I own:
http://www.dunelondon.com/mister-smart-leather-chelsea-boot-0477509620001511/

I dress up in light and dark fitted jeans (levis, cheap mondays). Also wear suits to work but mostly navy blue and light blue suits.

emidyl

Reaction score
just buy them all, not that expensive.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 60 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 115 33.3%
  • 8”

Votes: 104 30.1%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 10.4%
  • 9”

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.0%