• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should I keep or return these Higgins Mill boots?

chicagoan2016

Reaction score
I got these Allen Edmonds Factory seconds Higgins Mill boots for $199.00 plus tax. As you can see there is a 'damaged' stitch and loose grain on the left boot. The right boot is fine though, what do you folks recommend, keep or return?
Thanks a bunch!

link to the album

ValidusLA

Reaction score
I wouldn't send them back because of the stitch.

However - in terms of the grain I think I would decide based on how different it looks from its right sided buddy. If they look vastly different I would consider a return.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got these Allen Edmonds Factory seconds Higgins Mill boots for $199.00 plus tax. As you can see there is a 'damaged' stitch and loose grain on the left boot. The right boot is fine though, what do you folks recommend, keep or return?
Thanks a bunch!

link to the album
Lock stitch means it's just cosmetic.

The variations are more likely being CXL. Just depends if it bothers you; remember they're a more casual boot that will crease as soon as you wear them.

johng70

Reaction score
You're going to get variations when you start wearing them. It's rare that both shoes/boots will crease the same anyway. I don't think either is reason to send back. But, as others said - if it bothers you, then send them back. Otherwise, it will always bother you and you'll stop wearing them.

chicagoan2016

Reaction score
Thank you guys, you are the best!, I am going to wear them on carpet tonight and see if the variations aren't too much. I am a fan (crazy fan) of AE boots and wear them year round : ). Since almost everyone likes Higgins mill boots, I am inclined to keep them.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.